Went there because my friend offered me the two days vacation from his time share membership. Resort was very good and the location was good as well, but seems overall maintenance is not good. We got a Studio Apt on ground floor. I could observe that paint started peeling off from the roof and also on the outside walls, so maintenance part seems not properly taken care of. Even the window blinds fixtures were occasionally falling off.. !!
Now regarding the Service levels. This is really below standards. Food was below average even though the costs were very high. One day we had to return the Biriyani we ordered at the Restaurant for Dinner, because it was tasting very bad. Waiter who was serving us at the restaurant told the truth that this was not prepared fresh, it was prepared in the morning. But again on questioning the restaurant manager, he didn't have a convincing answer when this was actually prepared and why it is tasting so bad (After he himself tasted the same !)
Now the Wi-Fi facility for Members never worked from the Lobby, even though the other wi-fi network for Sterling guests was working (I think for the people who are staying in the main building). But the staff was not at all helpful to resolve the issue. Then every day evening I had a big trouble getting a car parking place as their parking lot will be always full in the evening and Security simply don't allow parking anywhere else, in front of the hotel or driveway, even if there is lots of space and other cars are already parked. According to their policy (as per security), car can't be parked there, even though their car parking lot is full. But he don't have any alternate places to show me as well. So I had to call the Resort manger to get a parking each time. !!
Then one day we just simply went to the Club Mahindra resort next door for evening tea. Service levels were totally different. Starting from the Security to the Restaurant staff and Managers, all of the people whom we met there greeted us and very courteous and willing to go the extra mile to help us. We really felt that this is kind of Service levels that should be set as the standard at a holiday resort.It was a nice experience. At the Sterling we always felt that we are staying in a Govt. Guest house as the Staff/Management attitude and service was always like that. I have never stayed in a hotel/resort with this kind of below standard service/food. Try to book Club Mahindra Resort next door. They have a beautiful property and really great Service levels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sterling Munnar is nestled within undulating hills in the quiet village of Chinnakanal, some 18 kms from the hustle and bustle of Munnar town. The resort is located high above the Munnar town with splendid views of the Anaiyirangal Dam, tea gardens and surrounding forests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Sterling Munnar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sterling Resorts Munnar Hotel Chinnakanal
- Sterling Resort Munnar
- Sterling Hotel Munnar
- Sterling Munnar Kerala, India - Chinnakanal