Agree with those who have said that this property will most likely take you by surprise and for the good reasons:-
What I liked:
- Neat and Clean property with good views if you get lucky with the rooms.
- Though they seemed a bit short staffed, the staff on duty was super efficient.
- Away from Munnar and for those seeking solace this will be an added advantage. However, not advisable to drive in late (post sunset) as the approach road is quite narrow.
- Good food at the restaurant if one if not overly critical. Advisable to go for their buffet package on MAP plan. It was within Rs 600 per head for 2 meals and the spread is huge...so there is something for everyone.
What really scored here was the attitude of the staff...especially Mr. Jishnu and Prasanta (F&B Manager) who went out of the way and arranged special non-spicy meal for our parents who had dietary restrictions. Though the restaurant gets crowded, we saw them interacting with guests and ensuring everything was fine. Must add that in case one would like to go for the buffet, its best to be there by 8pm as it does get crowded as time ticks by...
- They also arrange day tours for those who prefer to not use their own vehicles and have a couple of activities to keep one entertained at least for a 2-3 day trip.
-The gardens are well maintained and its truly nature at its best so ensure you have lots of space on your camera's memory cards!
Areas of Improvement
- There should be more carts to ferry the guests from their room to the main building..currently they just have 2...
- Increase the staff especially at the restaurant
- We had booked 2 studio apartments for 6 of us (with 1 extra bed each). The sofa-bed was really pathetic...as it had a split in between and was almost un-sleepable..so much so that we had to ask for a mattress and sleep on the floor..they must do something about the extra bed arrangement!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Terrace Greens is nestled within undulating hills in the quiet village of Chinnakanal, some 18 kms from the hustle and bustle of Munnar town. The resort is located high above the Munnar town with splendid views of the Anaiyirangal Dam, tea gardens and surrounding forests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Munnar - Terrace Greens, A Sterling Holidays Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sterling Resorts Munnar Hotel Chinnakanal
- Sterling Resort Munnar
- Sterling Hotel Munnar
- Munnar - Terrace Greens, A Sterling Holidays Resort Kerala, India - Chinnakanal