Before going to munnar, we had planned to stay in a resort that is atleast 10-15kms away from the town, to avoid the traffic, crowd and noise and also to experience some calmness and privacy around us,along with that he had planned to hire a bike for sight seeing. After going through lots of reviews,finally we chose The Wind and hired bike from Sudheer.
The resort is almost 20+ kms away from Munnar town, on Kochi-Dhanushkodi Road.The entire route runs through Ghats with lush green tea valleys, in both sides and also some narrow roads.So we experienced bit challenge in riding the bike but we also enjoyed a lot.As the resort is quite far from town, so you have to go back to the town first, before leaving towards Mettupatty dam route, Pallivasal route, Attukad waterfalls route.
The last 1+ km patch to reach the resort is a kachha road and it is bit tedious to ride. but it is worth the pain.We stayed in Honeymoon cottage.It was a secluded room with absolute privacy and has good view from the porch too.Let me put down my experience in pros and cons.
1. Good location, view, privacy, and calmness around.
2. Hotel staff is very helpful and kind.
1. The last 1+ km road is patchy and bit tedious to go by two wheelers and also by walk.
2. Food is not that spicy,(may be ,because we didn't demand it to be)
3. Cost of food is slightly on higher side.
If you can live with the cons, including the distance from town, so you can enjoy the pros.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wind Munnar is a premium resort located on a magnificent cliff edge giving valley view of the scenic Munnar hill ranges. We welcome each and every traveler to enjoy the miracle of Nature at Munnar. In addition to comfortable stay at our hotel in Munnar, we also arrange for Sight-Seeing, Conveyance and several other tours & travel assistance. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Wind Munnar Kerala, India - Chinnakanal