“Beautiful memories”

and 1 more site!
The Siena Village
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Chinnakanal
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed with my extended family for two nights in the Siena Village and it was an awesome experience. Looking back we feel that we should have stayed at the resort all day long rather than travelling around Munnar. The resort itself was such a wholesome experience. The staff were extremely helpful and the food and restaurant service were excellent. For instance, when my wife indicated to me she would have a cup of coffee, one of the staff members noticed this from a distance and immediately came to us with a cup of coffee. We were overwhelmed by the staff's keen observation to our requirements. We have only beautiful memories of our stay in Siena Village.

There are newer reviews for The Siena Village

Reviewed December 27, 2013

The Property is excellent... I think the the best hotel in this price (Worth)...
The hospitality is at its best... Just go for it...>>>
Best hotel for privacy.. So it suits the honeymoon couple with safety...

Room Tip: Go for the deluxe rooms..!! Large rooms with cosy atmosphere.. Suit are also good.. Not have much d...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 27, 2013

It is far from Munnar town- about 20kms, but has an exceptional view of the surroundings. Property is very well designed with wide-spread gardens. Food is average, breakfast buffet does not offer too many options. Though room-service is quick, but the restaurant staff is extremely laid back. We stayed for two nights & enjoyed cultural programs & bonfire both the evenings. It is definitely value for money, but there is scope of improving service & food preparation.

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

It was a family vacation. Everyone got rooms with good view. The staff is very friendly. Food is excellent. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Location is very good. Its far from munnar city, but the view from the hotel is superb.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I say, truly a remarkable and memorable experience for me when I was holidaying with my wife and 3 year old daughter. With eyes closed you can book this property for sure. Be rest assured.

Though 20 kms further away from munnar towards thekkady. Good premium property. Particularly for honeymooners, cottages were great, the north indian food was absolutely tasty and value for money. Visited dec 2013. The only challenge was to locate the hotel at the time of evening as there were no signages on the way asit is next to the popular Club Mahindra resort.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Service:
Let me start by just saying that if its impeccable service that you are looking for, then look no further. I am sure this resort would beat the service offered by all other resorts (comprising some big names) in Munnar hands down. I can safely say that it was the best we experienced in our entire trip. You ask for something and next moment, before you realize it, your request is attended to - be it room service, house keeping, reception or the restaurant. And before I forget, my wife made a special request to mention your welcome drink in my review. She loved it to the extent that she asked your staff for the recipe and made it at home once we returned. Having got this out of the way, let me now review others aspects

Location:
This resort is located in Chinnakanal which is about 20-25 km away from Munnar town and takes about 45 mins to reach from Munnar town centre. Hence if you do not have your own vehicle, travelling to and fro from the resort to various attraction can be a challenge. Since we drove straight from Cochin airport, the additional 45 mins from Munnar town to Chinnakanal seemed tedious the first time. However on our subsequent trips to and fro from the town, the drive seemed to be psychologically shorter and enjoyable. What changes it all (and why I gave an additional rating point for location) is the drive from Munnar to Chinnakanal. The views you pass on your way (at and beyond devikulum) are fabulous. You could just get down from your vehicle and sit at the side of the road for hours absorbing the serenity.

One feedback to the resort - Why no sign boards guys?? I mean how difficult is it to just put a board amongst the plenty other signages (Fort Munnar, Mountain Club etc) along the way?

Also the road just outside the resort has a peculiar small town feel with small shops and stores. So if you're looking for a walk outside the resort, you would probably be better off driving a bit ahead (towards Club Mahindra) and then walking down

Rooms:
More on the rooms and views in my room tips. The sit-outs in the standard rooms facing the garden are a nice touch. Only one regret (which I mentioned in my feedback to the resort and they were very prompt in emailing me their response on the same day!!) was that you would need to keep the tap running at full for 4-5 mins for hot water, leading to quite a wastage

Food:
Most tourists are sceptical (atleast I was) that, with the resort being so far from Munnar town, they would be obliged to have food at the resort. Rest assured, the food here is quite tasty. A caveat here - we tried only vegetarian north indian dishes so cannot comment about non-veg and other cuisines. Regarding prices, the buffet at "The Grill", I think was ~Rs 600 per head which might be a bit on the higher side but may be ok if you consider the variety being served. A possible alternative, the one we choose and were really happy about, is to eat at their a-la-carte restaurant - Peppermint. Although they take about 15-20 mins to serve, the rates here are surprisingly reasonable (dare I say cheap)

Activities:
The Spa offers a decent choice of packages for affordable rates (compared to the other places we stayed in Kerala). There are a couple of Spas down the road outside the resort which might be cheaper but we did not check them out as they appeared a bit sleazy. I believe the resort also has some indoor games but we did not check them out so cannot comment. In winter evenings they light up a camp-fire in the lawn surrounded by chairs. The idea of having a DJ blasting out Bollywood item numbers (gladly at a lower volume than what we are used to) even when there is no one dancing is beyond my understanding though.

All in all, a great place and would strongly recommend if you have your own vehicle to drive you around or if you just want to relax at the resort without going out too much.

Room Tip: If you have the money, go for suites. While i did not stay in them, i got a chance to see them. They...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Beautifully designed rooms with a fire place, sit out, balacony. the delux rooms are really nice to stay. Surrounded by the beautiful tea garden hills this is perfect place to spend cold nights. Comfortable for families, romantic couples, enjoyable for kids. Very good ambience and view.

Sienna Village... definitely recommended ...

Room Tip: Dulux rooms are really nice
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chinnakanal
Munnar Tea Country Resort
#4 of 9 in Pallivasal
The Tall Trees Munnar
The Tall Trees Munnar
#2 of 8 in Pothamedu

Been to The Siena Village? Share your experiences!