The Siena Village
$80
$78
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Great Escapes Resorts(Chinnakanal)(Great Value!)
$70
$44
The Wind Munnar(Chinnakanal)
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsduplex roomluxury suitefull marksbuffet dinnerexcellent hotelour honeymoonbon firehot watercourteous staffroom servicememorable staystayed here for nightsfood qualitycamp fireexcellent stayvisit munnarnice view
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in early June this year. We were driving over from Kodaikanal and the drive is simply wonderful ...so picturesque and the floating clouds and misty weather made it lovely. We were booked in deluxe suites and the rooms were basic but nice (flat screen TV but only cable, so blurred pictures)! However, it is a fairly steep walk from the reception to the rooms/ main restaurant area and the hotel does not have provision for golf carts/ buggies etc. As another reviewer mentioned, this can certainly be a problem for older people and the hotel needs to take care of this. There is a balcony/ sit out with each room and although there are no tea garden views available, one can enjoy the weather and the garden. Food was very good and the dinner buffet had good variety. The retaurant staff were very sweet and friendly as well. The housekeeping/ general maintanence staff needs to be more efficient however! Would be happy to visit again if in Munnar ... this place has the potential to be much better if these little things get ironed out!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Located around 25 km from munnar ,the drive is very picturesque ,but very winding !The property looked nice and well maintained ,but when we were shown to our room ,there was no view of valley or tea estates!but the lawns were nice and well maintained. We had booked a deluxe room which was in 2 levels but sadly the upkeep was not upto the mark . There was one mineral bottle per day and no kettle .....
They have a nice recreation room with pool,carrom and chess .the breakfast was nice and the dinners had a good variety of food with lot of vegetarian options .But ,what really bothered us was the loud music played every night ,right next to the dinner area ! We felt that they should enclose the dance floor so that people who want to dance and enjoy ,can do so without disturbing the tranquility of the place !
The staff was good and quite efficient .

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PGdesai
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Well after Kumarakom Lake resort, we had couple of days stay at the Sienna Village. Overall in my package the property was the low Point.

Kumarakom Lake Resort and Leela made my choice difficult amongst them as to judge which one was better, On the contrary Sienna helped me to make another choice i.e. Worst Stay during my entire tour.

Looking at the positives, the overall property setup is great, I stayed in the Luxury Villa and it was really good, equipped with Jacuzzi seperately and great view from the balcony. The property is well maintained with loads of greenery , cleanliness and the location might make you get tired a bit as this property is roughyl 20 km fiurther from Munnar.

I strongly believe that our pervious stays had an impact on what we thought about the place. It was not a 5 star property so our expectations might have not been met. The reception guys gave us the keys and then we had no body to escort to our villa. Post that everything you ask for is available in limited mode only.

It was clearly written that you will get only 2 bottles of water per stay as free which I think was not good.

Then came the evening setup where the dinner was arranged every evening in the lawns. The resort guys never bothered to work hard as the food experience was the worst in Sienna. It was chilling outside so I asked for a Tandoori Chicken and I constantly monitored the guy, He picked few of the Leg pieces from the serving bowls straight away and served me Without even checking whether the chicken he was serving was hot or not.When I complained they served me another plate of chicken , but it was "Tandoori Chicken(Oil was Pouring down as I believed they fried it to make it hot).... Then the variety in Veg section was way too limited.....

They were serving Gulab Jamuns in the deserts and believe me the Sugar Syrup was all frozen.. I told them to make an arrangement to keep things hot and in came no reply. Next days dinner was almost in the same manner ....

Funny part was the DJ music are they had , they had a set of only 4 songs and those kept running in Loop.

We had a Candle light dinner in our package but we didnt opt for the same.... Reason is that on the first days we saw a couple opting for Candle light dinner and below mentioned is the arrangement for the same....

The lawn in whcih regular dinner was served to guests , in the same lawn only couple of tables away a canld elight dinner was arranged in which they kept a Candle right in the center of the table with lights fully functional above them and they were served the same menu.....

Coming to the breakfast, it was little improved over the dinner , but not by great deal. They had a guy who was thinking himself to be a head for all arrangements and all he knew was to say "Morning " or "Evening" everytime he met us.

He came to our table, I was having Rawa Kesari and just to check his knowledge I asked him what was it and then came a reply stating he didnt knew.

Sienna Guys didnt know what food is all about, If the food is good then a guest can forget everything, but not for me.....

Plus Specifically to all North Indians, I believe you shall think well before going to Munnar. It isnt too good a place or a different place to spend your holidays inn. I think here in Northern India we have few of the best Hill stations where in one can enjoy.

So you can skip this station if you can , I am sure it wont excite you much ...

Still I am posing few of the Pics which I have taken.

Through this forum I want to throw in some advice to Sienna Team..

Hire in Some Good professionals, You have an amazing property, if you work on food and entertainment , you can rock too . Plus have a gesture of welcoming guests and escorting them to their rooms..... IMprove hospitality please.... Remember beauty without brains is of no use !!! I am sorry for being harsh , but this a candid unedited feedback as per our experience.

Room Tip: Dont Chose Sienna at all .... Please ..... I am not Biased but my other stays have been way better than this
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed at Luxury Villa in Sienna Village in October 2011 for 3 nights / 4 days. It is located at a very nice place and is a spacious resort build on a large area. Since it was raining those days, the open restaurant was not operational, and the only option for meals was at the restaurant in front of the reception (apart from in-room dining). Villas are also attractive, clean, well-maintained and spacious. Our balcony (Villa No. 505) gave a view of a large area of the resort. We also spent some time playing Pool within the resort, but the kit was incomplete with a few balls missing :-(

The only part that let the resort down was the food. Food served on all days was not hot and did not taste well. Some dishes were in-fact hard to swallow. Small packs of fruit jam served in breakfast had already expired a month back. Even showed this to the manager. The next day, jam was served open on a plate, making me doubt if they had opened the same packs and served loose, or they really replaced them with new ones.

We also got a complimentary Honeymoon cake included in our package, but the cake was also not fresh and did not taste good.

Overall, a nice, pleasant place to relax. Need to improve on food.

Room Tip: Luxury Villa No. 505 gives view of the open area of resort, and partial side view of a mountain.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DJSaNNy
Reviewed April 13, 2012

9 of us were here in April 2012.
The property is big, with a children's play area and lots of open space. The staff are very helpful and even organized a bonfire for us at night. The restaurant has a tandoori oven and they know how to use it!, the food was exceptional (try and fish and paneer tandoori dishes)
The rooms were a little old and the bathrooms weren't that nice. Still very comfortable but could use an upgrade. The reception and restaurant area have a cottage feel to them. The entire property feels like a cottage.
Free WIFI at the reception was an additional bonus.
A major disadvantage is the distance from Munnar (40 minutes drive), well worth it for the peace you get.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends