Mountain Club Resort
$120
$111
Agoda.com
$148
Great Escapes Resorts(Chinnakanal)(Great Value!)
$46
Travelocity
The Siena Village(Chinnakanal)
$105
$98
Agoda.com
Mount View Munnar(Chinnakanal)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe cottagesinfinity poolbedroom cottagepool sidebooked doubleliving areavisit this placesuperb staydining tabletwo daysbreakfast and dinnerkids play areamunnar tripshuttle servicemountain viewcandle light dinnerhill station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

All major section Im
giving rating with few info. Rating is out of 5 where 1 is worst, 2 need improvement , 3 acceptable with compromise / adjustment 4 good 5 excellent
---------
Location : 5/5
Out of munnar town, however good location
Booking related : Strictly book directly with the hotel management don't book through agents or travel company. They promise to give you best room, upgrade etc etc however once you reach there might be issue in getting what promised. Not only I faced this issue several more travellers has written this note in their review. Recommended to book cottages as rooms are very very small. Yes very small
Rooms / bathroom : 3
I booked cottage with valley view however was forced to take cottages on downstairs . But make no difference as almost you get good climate and nature view as well. Rooms are too small as well bath room. Hot water service is good. Room service is good. Rooms are well decorated having tv and fridge etc. Bathrooms are too small. Over all recommended only if you are ok with small rooms. Generally people don't like it. However cottage living area is quite good. Also balcony is too small. Every thing is small trust me no second opinion require for this.
Advice to take wifi package in room . I didn't took it but got the connection from other room it's free and good speed as well.
F&B: 4
Good food, staff are cooperative. Location and view is lively.
Activities : 4
There are many things to do, from photography as entire property got many areas where you can enjoy taking pictures . Play area in door games all good
Staff : 3
I feel they are good but still lack something to say wow. Feel some improvement in front desk people.
---
Recommended for : honey moon couple, families, couples. Must take all food package
Entertainment in room : tv having all channels you want. No music system or any latest tech sound system like Bluetooth speakers etc
---
Misc. : munnar market is away so if you want anything to buy you require to go all the way. Nearby shops can give limited this if needed. Bathrooms are having glass partition which are not tuffen coated hence risky when children using them.. This are not upto hotel industry standard. Worth staying 3 nights minimum if you not taking halt at kochin and driving directly to the hotel from railway or flight. Drive is too much off round round not recommended for senior citizen. Make sure you demand and get all on mail about your drivers requirement many drivers show attitude and play their cards later .. Better do your sight seeing plan (study) and ask booking person to about drivers requirement like timing for driving , waiting policy, ac usage as they switch off if you waiting and anybody from your group left to buy something etc. They tell don't do this that.. All this.
I booking through ESTIRE HOLIDAYS nice people but fail to give me valley view room which they confirmed on email as well.
Over all experience was good only because of small rooms I would not come back to this property.. Even for one couple you require cottage category.. Rooms are too small mind it

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Checked in at the resort on 5 June and checked out on 7 June .From the moment we stepped in to moment we stepped out everything was pathetic especially the food quality and service or rather lack of it .Staff was downright rude and when complained to the so called manager the response was dismal

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Shrey G
Saj-Mountainclub, Head of Sales at Mountain Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear Patron,

Greetings from Mountain Club !

Many thanks for writing your review, First of all , please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
However may I also state that your comments are a bit harsh on our team and to an extent , a bit general in nature..We have guests coming from all over the world and the general feedback about food and service has been very good, During the dates which you have mentioned we were running full house and if there has been a slight delay in service , we apologize for the same.

We assure you that this was a one off instance . Your feedback is very valuable to us and we shall take adequate and corrective measures to deliver a better guest experience.In the mean time you can write to us in detail and we would be glad to hear from you.

Thanks and Regards.

Sajan Joseph
sajan@breakouthotels.com

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed at this resort from 28 to 31st May, 2014. I booked my honeymoon package through a travel agent and I was told that the Resort manager had promised to offer a villa with best view. Although I was skeptical about it I went ahead with the booking. Arrived at the resort and I see that most of the villas are not valley facing. It is a well built resort and looks beautiful but it doesn't feel like a resort in a hill station. Only couple of villas near the restaurant have good views. So while checking in, the receptionist straight away told me he cannot offer villas near restaurant as they are double bed room and package covers single room. When I told him what I was promised before booking he replied in "the standard response" that he would check if there is any availability and shift us if possible. (They didnt shift us to those villas) My point is this, if you are certain that you cannot offer rooms with good views please be upfront and honest about it. You cannot promise something before booking and turn your back on customer. There are lot of better options available for that price. Bedrooms have huge glass windows which face the other villa's front door so there is no feeling of privacy, especially if you are on your honeymoon. I noticed there was no heating so after dinner buffet, I asked the receptionist about heater. He told me it would charge additional Rs.1250/- per night. I never heard of any resort or hotel charging extra for heating.
When I was travelling around munnar, there are other resorts which are built in a way that all the rooms face the valley and no room blocks the other room's view.
The restaurant is the only best part, which has good valley view. I don't know why the swimming pool was placed near the restaurant and I guess that's the reson I never saw anyone using it except some kids. I have only seen one couple at the resort, the rest were all families. It has a ATV track, spa, batminton etc which are good but I can get all those in Club houses in Hyderabad as well. You go to hill station like Munnar for breathtaking views and it's scenic beauty not for ATV track, spa or swimming pool. I think Mounatin Club has missed that point there. Overall, I would recommend it for families but not for honeymoon couples. There are better options available for the price they are charging.

Room Tip: Only couple of villas near restaurant/reception area have good views and they are double bed room villas.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2014

If you're visiting Moonar, then this hotel should be your destination! We're searching for a cold hill station and we hit upon Moonar. We made our trip in Nov'09. This 4* property is worth the money. You get the feel of a five star hotel here. Their cottages are very welcoming and make you feel at home. Since this was our first trip, we were given an upgrade. It was raining when we reached Moonar and with the winter it was even colder. The mist in the air make you romantic and not wanting you to leave the place. You get a breathtaking view of the hills...the clouds resting, the view of the river flowing through the hills is breathtaking. The staff are welcoming, polite and very helpful. The food is good as well, as you can chose from the different menu options that the hotel provides. One good thing I and my wife liked was they did not have chinese on the menu, yet the chef offered to make it for us. And trust me it was too good as made with love. If your're visiting Moonar, then you should be definitely booking Mountain Club Resort as your hotel. To add to it, this hotel is Situated at an altitude of 1600 mts above sea level.....which gives you a breathtaking view.

Room Tip: Book the cottages on the top. It not only gives you a breathtaking view and the restaurant is also within reach.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Yasdan74
Reviewed May 23, 2014

On the way: Its a steep climb with a narrow road from Munnar to Chinnakanal (25km away from
Munnar)

Resort: The resort is exceptionally well designed, there are a total of 50 cottages on a small hill (hence the name- Mountain). The stone architecture of every is mesmerizing. But only 4-5 of these cottages overlooks the valley and has a valley view.
We stayed in a cottage for 4. It had two bedrooms and 1 living room. The bedrooms were small cozy and comfortable for a couple. The living room had a fire place (rent Rs.1500- which would burn for 2 hrs), a coffee maker, a mini refrigerator/bar. A small sized TV which i found too small to view anything. The room were overall clean and good.
The swimming pool requires a special mention as the views from the pool are breath taking. The pool area, the way its constructed, gives a feel of a plush British style mansion

The children playing area is rather small with few swings, but the recreation area near the entrance is good having essential board games, table tennis etc.

Hospitality was very good, the staff was attentive and dedicated

Food: breakfast which is complimentary was good and had a good range comprising of a good continental and a South Indian spread. Dinner was also at par with few starters and good desserts.

Overall: Highly recommend, worth the money spent !!

Room Tip: Select rooms close to the reception as the rooms situated on the lower level has a steep climb to the reception/dining area. Go for combo packages (inclusive of stay, breakfast and dinner)
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family