Even though it has been downgraded by many reviewers on Tripadvisor, I will strongly recommend this beauty to young couples for the most romantic setting they can ever have. Firstly this is not the usual 5star hotel. This hotel has no rooms, it has individual cottages with a private verandah and gardens. Cottages on the upper side provide you breathtaking views of the lake beneath and the never ending mountains on the horizon. Its not exactly in Munnar, almost 25 KMs away but yet lot better than commercial hotels in Munnar and certainly better than Club Mahindra which is adjacent to Mountain Club. Club Mahindra only provide you small rooms and view is only afforded by members..so no point opting for a more expensive hotel for less.
Mountain Club - Things that I liked
1. Location & Views - Views are beautiful, my room was the uppermost one and me and my wife were just sitting in our balcony exchanging sweet nothings and having a great view of surrounding coffee/tea plantations, lakes and mountains.
2. Restaurant and Swimming Pool - Restaurant offers such a great views and the infinity pool outside add more charm to the overall setting. I dont know how many people use the pool in munnar temperatures but its very picturesque. Having dinners by the poolside is heavenly.
3. Food & Service - Food was excellent on all 3 days we stayed there. Siju is a fantastic captain and was there to help all the time.
4. Cottages - There was a fireplace which was must in chilly December. The unique thing about the cottages here is they are so big. We had a cottage which had 2 full size bedrooms with King Beds, one living room with a separate space for TV & dining table. Wish this much space would have been there at my house.
Things that can be improved
1. There should be more lights at night in the property. Some lights were dysfunctional during our stay.
2. Since we were close to restaurant we never had a problem of commuting from our cottage but for others whose rooms were at the bottom side of the hill..its a small trek everytime u need to come to reception/restaurant/pool. There has to be a shuttle service. keep in mind this is a VERY VERY big hotel.
But try this place and you will surely have best time with your partner. Elderly couples and handicap patrons should avoid this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mountain Club, Munnar is the best and finest luxury resort in the evergreen mountains of Munnar, Kerala, and India. It is located on a quite hillside in a small hamlet called Chinnakanal. From the early days of the 18th century, Munnar has been the favorite holiday destination of the erstwhile royal families, celebrities and nobles from India and abroad. The mesmerizing natural beauty and the weather is really unique. Mountain Club, Munnar is a real tribute to a typical type of architecture which is prevalent in the hill stations of Kerala. The exterior walls made from pure stone and the typical Kerala roof tiles provides the rustic look. . Surrounding the resort are extensive tea gardens and mountains with nature trails. Exclusive Food and Beverage outlets, conference halls, meeting rooms and a host of recreational facilities matching first class standards is available to make your holiday a truly amazing experience. Mountain Club, Munnar has many firsts to its credit. Each of its cottages contains a cozy and spacious living room and a bedroom. For those who are traveling with families and friends, we have two bedroom cottages, which have a living room as well. Every cottage is equipped with a fire place. Needless to mention, we have provided all amenities in our cottages. Take a dip and laze around the one and only swimming pool in Munnar. The resort has the largest conferencing facilities in Munnar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Mountain Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain Club Resort Kerala, India - Chinnakanal