“Good restaurant”

The Shamwari Restaurant
Reserve with
The Shamwari Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Crozet
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Shamwari is primarly the name of one of the most beautiful nature reserves in Africa. This contemporary design restaurant (capacity of 80 seats) is separated from the main building. It offers a change of scenery, including the exotic and captivating beauty reminiscent of South Africa. The dark tones which reflect the light on exotic wood give a foretaste of sensual delight. Our Chef Vincent Betton wants to highlight the taste and product, with a special attention to the seasons, terroir and fish he’d rather cook.
Reviewed August 20, 2012

we had the gastronomic menu: lots of courses, with different wines. Just great time,in nice environment, modern deco, and good services. Expensive though but worth it

Jiva Hill P, Directeur général at The Shamwari Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comment, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay in our restaurant. Our chef’aim is to continually evolve its kitchen to offer constantly new gourmet dishes.

Hoping to see you soon in our restaurant at the Jiva Hill.

Best regards,

Fabrice Mercier

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We have been 3x with different friends and have enjoyed each visit.

Staff:
Professional, accommodating and kid friendly
Food:
Excellent be it fish, meat, dessert, set or ala carte.
Service:
Great!
Loved that it has a very open and light concept overlooking the golf course!

Reviewed May 6, 2012

We went to the resort's restaurant for lunch. Service was fast and attentive. Granted, choices on the menu are limited, but there is a vegetarian option, still a rarity in France.
I had the salmon and asparagus millefeuille as a starter and cod with a curry sauce as main course. The food was prepared with care and my only criticism is that the seasoning was a bit on the bland side. The crumble dessert was excellent.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

First time I went to this restaurant was at its opening in January 2006. We were really surprised at the time. A great luxury place in the area was unique with its infrastructures and offers. But last week when we went there again for my birthday I was really disappointed. And I am sorry to say that as I think the environment is really nice.
The Maître d'hotel was all right but for us doing a bit to much but as we say it is a personal choice.... I had chosen the "Tartare of deer".... and the trio of pigs. Was good but not over the top or exceptional..... missing that little plus to make the difference. The others had a menu. The fish was good they said but again not great. In dessert I had a "Millefeuille of Pears". Again.... the name and spelling sounded great... .but what I had in the plate was disappointed.
Another thing..... true we are in a period where the weather is quite exceptionally cold... even frozen..... that night it was around -18 degrees. Well even though they had a problem of heating..... they reacted in a sense just enough to increase the temperature to cool temperature. I tried to go to the toilet.... :D... well was so freezing.... that could not seat.... so I think for a 5 star hotel and a gastronomic restaurant... that should not be :)...

Reviewed March 19, 2010

Recently dined at the Shamwari restaurant in the Jiva Hill Park Hotel - we had an excellent meal with excellent service. We chose the menu saveur for €48 - entrée, plat, fromage and dessert, but lesser priced menus are available, as is à la carte. In addition to the menu, a nice selection of munchies was served with our apertif, a larger than average amuse-bouche before the meal and extra sweets with the coffee (those little touches that make a French meal so nice). Each course was delicious and generous in its size (by French standards). My foie gras, mique & topinambour entrée was heavenly. The Shamwari also has a comprehensive vegetarian menu and specifically noted 'light' items on the menu (both a rarity in France).