We spent one night there just as a quick base before catching a plane from Rijeka. It is fairly close to the airport. We paid £20 taxi fare to get there. We arrived mid-morning having got the katamaran from Susak to Rijeka. My wife had a wonderful massage for only £17. Although rooms are not ready usually until 4pm, they rang us earlier on our mobile to tell us our room was ready. We found when we got there that we had been upgraded. We had a lovely room overlooking the swimming pool and the sea. Although the beach area was packed, we found that we had a lagoon swimming pool almost to ourselves. There was a very helpful bar nearby so we had a wonderful afternoon lazing by the pool and I had a very well-made Tekila Sunrise for £3.50. Packaged dinner in the hotel did not look an enticing prospect, so we asked a member oif staff where to go, and he recommended a seaside walk to a really good restaurant in Malinska called the Intrada. When we got back we had trouble getting into our room and the hotel porter actually accompanied us to our room to put things right. I see a review said the architecture of the hotel was unique. This would be our only criticism. The architecture of the place is so unique that it was diffic ult for us to find our way around it. Then we are not that good at orienteering. Also the taps on the bath/shower were a little odd. The same movement which turned on the hot tap, on the cold tap turned on the shower directly above. But these are minor criticisms to what was a really enjoyable stay. The taxi they ordered for us turned up on time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Waves Resort is a new high quality tourist resort built in 2009 near an attractive beach, not far from Malinska on the Island of Krk. Unique architecture using modern clean lines and traditional Mediterranean style represents a unique blend of modern design and tradition. Resort has 97 modern rooms, of which 46 are double rooms and 51 family rooms. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, LCD TV, minibar, safe, bathroom with bath or shower, hair dryer, telephone. Additionally, superior rooms have a balcony and a sofa, while the family rooms for 4-6 people have an extra bedroom and living room. The perfect location of the two floor restaurant next to the sea, beside quality cuisine, offers a beautiful view. Taste a variety of local and international specialties. Possibility of overnight stay with breakfast and half board. At your disposal there are three freshwater pools, two of them are outdoor pools and one is an indoor pool. For the youngest there is also a separated children's pool with a children's playground. Parasols and sun loungers by the pools are available to guests. You can relax in one of three hotel bars: Beach bar next to the beach, Pool bar next to the pool and Lobby bar near the reception. Health & Relax Zone offers the indoor pool, fitness room, sauna, whirlpool and massage. Near the hotel there is a parking lot and underground garage for about 25 cars. Reception is open 24 hours a day, money exchange, and internet corner. Hotel offers a conference room for 80 people. Mini club for children aged 4-12 years, and live music for adults in the summer months. A beautiful pebble beach is located directly in front of the hotel. It is connected by a 2 km long promenade along the sea with the center of Malinska. SPORT. Nearby there are hiking and biking trails. Water sports are located ca. 1 km, as well as bicycle rental. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue Waves Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waves Hotel Malinska
- Blue Waves Resort Malinska, Krk Island, Croatia