“A particulary disappointing experience - to be avoided!!”
Review of Hotel Gela

Hotel Gela
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gela
Hotel Gela
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gela
France
“A particulary disappointing experience - to be avoided!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Don’t get seduced by their nicely done, commercial website. Don’t go to Hotel Gela!! There are plenty of other better quality and yet cheaper options.

First, the service is terrible. We found the waiters / guides extremely unhelpful and even arrogant. We could only get information about walks, food, etc by asking the most specific questions. There was no spontaneous advice given because they wanted us to pay extra money for showing us the places to go for walks. They seemed completely bored yet arrogant at the same time.

Second, by Bulgarian standards, Hotel Gela is very expensive. However, it didn’t live up to expectations. It’s labeled as a “spa hotel” but the sauna and Turkish bath – 50 meters away from the hotel with construction debris in between - are only open from 17h to 20h (and only upon guests’ request). The result: a permanent smell of damp and a freezing cold “relaxation” room.

Third, the price includes breakfast but the quantity is completely insufficient: for example one small coffee and an extra bill for a second cup. They serve mainly salty pastries and almost leave you no choice on what to take - you have to take what is available this particular morning. Nobody is there to ask whether you wish something else.

The rooms were pleasant but overpriced and equipped to the minimum.

The general location is beautiful but we recommend to stay away from Hotel Gela!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank display5

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
France
Reviewed June 23, 2010

This very small hotel is amazingly cosy. I can compareit only to the La ferme de Marie a Megeve. You have everything you need to rest and enjoy the beautuful Rhodopes. Cuisine is excellent. Service impeccable. The owners have done a lot to ensure not just a holiday , but an active one for their guests. Guided tours, velos, horses. The SPA is also very nice and large. Too large could say compared to the relatively small restaurant. For me this Hotel is a real treasure in the land of concrete jungle iePamporovo in Bulgaria.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Athens,Greece
Reviewed January 17, 2008

I went skiing to Pomporova, Bulgaria with my husband, a friend and my aunt and uncle. The Hotel had messed up our reservations and so our friend -who snores- had to stay with my husband and I. Everything we asked for in this so-called hotel seemed to be too much trouble. We were on a half board basis and got served revolting food for dinner every night. The warm milk they served at breakfast was unpasturised - being pregnant this was not something I could have - and so I had to buy my own milk. - All in all - Pomporovo was a lovely place and luckily my travelling companions were all a great bunch - but this "hotel" stay away people - far away!!!

• Liked — it was clean - that was the only good thing
  • Disliked — the food
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank muffinicious

Been to Hotel Gela? Share your experiences!