Our wonderful trip to Italy began with our stay at Hotel Miramonti Resort & Spa. From the moment we landed at the airport to our departure to Lake Como for the next leg of our trip, the Gritti family (owners of Miramonti) and staff’s attention, warmth and hospitality was extended to us. While I’m sure the hotels that I considered in Bergamo are fine, I can so honestly say that we made the perfect choice in choosing the Rota d’Imagna area (just outside of Bergamo) to begin our trip. Here is an example of the Gritti family’s care and attention. Our flight to Bergamo was cancelled due to an airline strike. While we were fortunate to have gotten on a flight to Milan we were uncertain due to the late arrival if we could make our first night at Miramonti. While at the airport in Frankfurt, Giampiero Gritti spoke with my husband and said it would be no problem for them to pick us up from Milan. And when we arrived (late just before midnight) one of the night staff was there to greet us, take our luggage upstairs and offer us a welcome drink. We reserved the superior room. The view of the valley was stunning. During our short stay at Miramonti we took the opportunity to relax and enjoy the beautiful and peaceful surroundings of Rota d’Imagna by walking around town and having a massage at the spa. The spa is modern and world class. The town is charming and our short walk to the church di S. Siro dating between 1724-1765 was refreshing. I highly recommend anyone seeking a peace and solitude to go this time of the year. We had all our meals at the hotel – breakfast was included and lunch and dinner were absolutely delicious. I thank Giampiero’s mother. Her dishes are wonderful and reflective of the local cuisine. We loved having our meals in the sunny dining area with a view of the valley. So, as we were getting ready to leave, we learned that Giampiero’s father would drive us to Lake Como. The drive to Varenna took just over an hour. An absolutely dear man. And, I might add that while we could not hold a conversation with each other, there were moments were we understood his jokes and will remember those circumstances for a long time to come. I hope by reading this review that you will want to experience Hotel Miramonti and Rota d’Imagna. It is a unique place that combines quality, beauty, with a family flare to attention and high standards. I wish them much success!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Resort & Spa Miramonti, founded more than 40 years ago, is a symbol of tourims, mountains and relaxation. The hotel with its 35 comfortable rooms and suites with breath-taking views over the Imagna Valley is a fusion between tradition and modernism, a perfect mix for memorable holidays nestled in nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Resort & Spa Miramonti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Resort And Spa Miramonti
- Miramonti Hotel Rota d Imagna
- Hotel Miramonti
- Hotel Resort & Spa Miramonti Italy/Province Of Bergamo