“A treat!”

and 1 more site!
Norwood Green
Ranked #2 of 25 Palampur B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Chose this place after reading the reviews here and recommendation from High on Travel. It lived upto the expectation set by the reviews and more! Right from a call in the morning by the Manager in the morning asking our time of arrival and help in directions till we checked out.. everything was perfect! We had taken the entire cottage for our group and had a wonderful stay at the Resort. The staff was always helpful and went out of their way to make our stay there memorable. They even provided us the local specials at our request. A word of appreciation to the staff for making our holiday special.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pranuthi

Reviewed December 9, 2013

An understated sophistication with personalized service sets Norwood Green apart from any of the other boutique hotels I have stayed at. Honestly, the four bedroom villa is more like a presidential suite at a 5 star property, overlooking the beautiful tea gardens and the Dhauladhar mountain range. Meals are served in a private dining room and there are enough indoor and outdoor activities to keep kids busy. There was something for everyone to do – from para gliding to visiting beautiful monasteries and temples or just window shopping at Palampur and McLeodGanj. Would like to thank Karan, who runs this beautiful home-stay for making our trip memorable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank DaminiTandan
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Palampur is a fantastic place,i just love the weather of palampur.Its a very peaceful place.Last time i arrived at to norwood green and rooms and bathrooms of norwood are well furnished and very neat and clean.Food was the best part of norwood green.i really enjoyed the stay at Norwood....!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank pooja2719
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The moment I arrived at Norwood Green and was graciously shown to my room in one of the beautiful cottages, I knew I was in for a treat. The cottage I stayed in was so clean, modern & well-appointed that it created a momentary lapse in geography. When I directed my gaze toward the generous windows, I was instantly reminded. The sweeping views of the enchanting tea gardens and tall pines surrounding the property are the perfect compliment to the equally enchanting interiors. The environment both inside and out is simply, inspired. The visionary owners really knocked it out of the park with this property! Adding to the luxury is the 5-Star service. My meals were delicious and catered to whatever time of day or night I required. No request was too big or small. Each member of the staff possess the generosity of spirit that makes them collectively exceptional! I felt so at home and so taken care of here, that the thought of never venturing outside occurred to me. But then I would have missed out on the magical walks through the nearby villages that kept me captivated with the awe-inspiring views of the Dhauladhars, rambling tea estates and heart-warming friendliness of the locals. Norwood Green is a destination property so special that it is absolutely worth framing a trip around. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it helps establish Palampur as a more popular tourist stop in H.P. It certainly should be.

Room Tip: They're all great but the upstairs rooms in the back have the best views!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MaryEunice
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We a group of eight family members planned a weekend break at Palampur. Going through very positive reviews of Norwood Green decided to stay here. The four bedroom accomodation was perfect. The location, view, layout, facilities, cleanliness, hospitality, food and everything else was way beyond what we expected from our vacation at Palampur. We were not able to meet Mr Karan Grewal as he was travelling but in his absence Mr Rajesh Kaushal took good care of us. I would like to compliment Mr Lali Sandhu, the person who concieved the idea of this beautiful construction and layout. We enjoyed our stay to the fullest and very strongly recommend this property to my fellow travellers.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ssamra
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Based on recommendation from friends, we made a trip with family in June. The place was simply fantastic. Karan and his staff took great care of us. The food was incredible and the accommodation was perfect. The furnishing and bathrooms are top notch with large balconies where one can spend the evening watching birds fly over the tea garden. Many things to do nearby from paragliding, visits to monasteries to trekking. A memorable trip in every way thanks to Karan Grewal and his team.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank SubrotoGupta
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Norwood Green was just a distinctly beautiful property for us based upon our online research until we put our first step in our cottage. It instantly became much more to us at the very first moment of our encounter. I can't forget that skip of my beat when our dear Mr. Karan Singh Grewal opened the cottage door to us.

I had talked to Karan on phone couple of times at the time of planning our trip and he was always more than helpful by contributing his suggestions for our planning. This is his nature- it got confirmed when we were welcomed by his warm smile and it instantly put us at ease after a super exhausting road journey. The cottages are highly maintained and personally stylized by Karan. His training is top notch when it comes to his staff. Our cottage had a full day brigade of 5 men who all were smartly dressed, punctual, and sincere. We were served a hot, delicious welcome breakfast that was extremely therapeutic for exhausted souls like us. This property's USP is its home like comforts & liberties and a 5 star hotel like services.

Norwood Green cottages boast of an exotic tea gardens facing location and commendable architecture & interiors. We were 3 girls out on this trip and had got entire cottage to ourselves. But knowing that girls are on a fun mission and won't stay separate even for a single second, Karan on his own to our surprise had arranged the 3rd bedding in a double bedroom. So the whole cottage was our kingdom and that special bedroom with an attached tea gardens facing balcony was our DEN!!!

Norwood Green-Palampur! We are coming again very soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Mudra10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palampur
RS Sarovar Portico, Palampur
#2 of 8 in Palampur
Udechee Huts
Udechee Huts
#2 of 25 in McLeod Ganj

Been to Norwood Green? Share your experiences!