“Cafe con Leche in the morning.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Zapata

and 1 more site!
Hotel Zapata
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Boca Chica
West Michigan
“Cafe con Leche in the morning.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed three nights after working with teachers in Santo Domingo. Hotel Z is little jewel in Boca Chica. It was a safe hotel in walking distance from town. The staff were great and brought us coffee on our porch in the morning. Clean and neat and recommended. Hope we can go back (sorry I didn't write this review before).

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank psteg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

I traveled to Boca Chica with a group of 13, and everyone at Hotel Zapata made us feel like we were at home! They welcomed us with open arms and made us feel like family. From our very first day to loading the van on our last day, the Zapatas helped us with finding good places to eat (though their food was delicious), museums and shops to visit, and adventurous activities. Having the beach as our backyard was paradise, and it was beautiful to be able to sit on the back patio hanging out with everyone. Our rooms were always cool and clean; maids came in every day to exchange the bedding and towels, and wash the floor. We stayed for about 18 days, so when the time came to leave, we felt like we were saying goodbye to family.

3 Thank JKate12
Barberton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in! The family who runs the hotel is extremely welcoming and helpful and will do anything they can to make you feel like you're at home. The other staff also will do whatever you ask of them and keep the hotel very clean. The room service is great, my room was cleaned every day. I stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks while on a study abroad with my college and I could not have asked for a better hotel to live at for that period of time. It is also in a great location, right on the beach and within walking distance of the grocery store and other city restaurants. I can't wait to visit this hotel again!

3 Thank Kelcie C
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

Ok, my review is for single men only, so I give family people a few moments to leave the page……………………… Now that they are gone this is what I feel and believe one need to know about hotel Zapata. First it’s a motel like quality for American standards. Nothing wrong with that, just hotel I feel will miss lead a lot of people who are not season travelers. It very, very clean! No complaints on cleanliness. Wifi works horribly with cell phones. Best time to access it is in the middle of the night when know one pulling on router. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The breakfast, even though it is free I would not eat it. It is just eggs and bread. You can get a great meal for under $10 on the strip that will have you absolutely full.

Now for the good stuff. The Hotel policies as it relates to women guest. In order for women to get in they have to have a Cedula. (This is a government issued ID). I love the policy because they confiscate the ID until you give the all clear when they leave. Once inside they must go straight to the room. They cannot sit on patio of room, in lobby or in any common area. They are only allowed in the room and NO WHERE ELSE. If you are in to threesomes than you must rent a suite, they will not let two women into standard suite. It’s a difference of $20 it is worth the money and at least you have the option. But as far as a hotel that allows this I feel this is the safest and best hotel on the beach.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
16 Thank neverben
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

Hotel Zapata is unlike any hotel... in the WORLD! The service here exceeds all expectations. I could never find the level of Hotel Zapata cleanliness and friendliness at a hotel in the U.S. or elsewhere. I came to Hotel Zapata with a large group of friends and we had an extensive itinerary. The staff helped us everyday to get the items we needed and they helped us find great excursions. I cannot believe how helpful the Zapata family and their staff have been!!! They all have become like family to us... it makes me never want to leave!!! If you want to visit the Dominican Republic, you would be crazy to stay at a different hotel. I LOVE THIS PLACE!

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony are nice! All the rooms here are perfect though!