“Good place,beautiful beach and attentive staff”

Be Live Experience Hamaca Garden
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Boca Chica
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I read bad reviews about this place before I go,but I was surprised.

The hotel is good,almost everything you need,you can find in this place.

You don't need to seek out an activity outside. They have a beautiful beach,pool,sports activities,disco,restaurants,spa...

The staff are fun,friendly...

The food is Ok(Not great),but next to the hotel has a great restaurant( Neptunos Club Restaurant ),the food is really good!

I hope you also have a good time here! ;D

• Stayed: June 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,359)

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The rooms are old and in bad condition. Kids club (if you can call it like that) is a small outdoors room with an artificially green area for toddlers. The hotel has a main building at the beach, with the reception, VIP ROOM (whatever they call it)a couple of restaurants, some stores. Another complex, is across the street, with the "regular garden rooms", swimming pool and buffet restaurant. Guests have to go to the beach to get the towels, then WALK (little buses never available) ACROSS THE STREET TO GO TO SWIMMING POOL AND ROOMS. The electricity goes off a lot and it takes a while for the electrical generator to go on. The food was awful!!!
DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE ESPECIALLY DO NOT GO WITH KIDS!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank lagardenia
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Do not even bother to stay. If you do, upgrade to the best room you can get with an ocean view and balcony. I went for work and booked my room when they had a special 50% off discount going on. My room was the most decent of my group and the view was great. Its not a gated resort you don't feel safe. One person during my stay got robbed and the staff wouldn't help them. The buffet was across the steet from my building and the food tasted like it was made with out an once of love. My mother got sick from the food. You don't get served drinks on the beach like other resorts. Wifi was crazy expensive and was dail up slow.Didn't complain while I was there since it was a work event but I would never go their for leisure. Only benefit it's 15 min from SDQ. Don't bother.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Farrah B
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Having read a lot of bad reviews I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at this hotel. My room was large and clean, the beach was beautiful and the staff was quite pleasant. The town is small and has no attractions so you basically have to stay on property. I also had a lovely reflexology session at the spa. I really wonder which resort some of these people went to, because I thought this was a rather nice property. The entertainment staff also did a good job with the nightly shows and the beach activities.

Room Tip: If you love the beach, choose the beach, not the garden side of the property.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Kmonique
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Things change over time.
This hotel, Belive Hamaca, has certainly done so
Stated to be " All Inclusive" but now more and more items are "extra"
Be prepared for power outages, especially at the worst time
Frond desk personnel have no gift of hospitality, slow & powerless.
Try another place , as I certainly will do so.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Thomas R
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Hamaca

I flew on Thompsons from gatwick to Punta Cana, having booked through The Holiday Place - great Company I will use them again. Great flight. Food OK -not great but Ok. When I got to Punta Cana there was a big sign with my name on it. Sole passenger of a people car, nearly new, but plastic seat covers in 34 centigrade -cloth please. However, I was excited, I was to be married the next day and the HP guy from AMSTAR, the transport company was great he called my wife to be, as my mobile was not working. Les than 2 hours later, I was united with my Fiancé in the reception of Hamaca. We checked in and our cases were put into the back of a tatty people transporter and we went to 1630. Oh dear!! Oh dear! The room was stark white with one wall a brilliant purple. The bed was king size as we had requested but the mattress was 3 inches smaller than the base all the way round. There was no door on the toilet !!! And the light in the bathroom was operated by a ceiling sensor which lasted 10 seconds. Can you shave in 10 seconds? I cannot. However, I worked out by standing on one of the flimsy bedside tables , I could override the sensor but had to go through the same exercise to turn it off. The coat hangers were cheap wire ones and none of the drawers fitted. Only 2 towels and 1 small towel. Not impressed but tired after a long flight. We ate and went to bed only to realise that the light switch for the fluorescent lights-yes daylight tubes
All around the top edge of the room, was by the front door. Hence groping around in the dark to find the oversized bed base with the impending ouch as the shins hit the wood. Next day we had to get up at 4am as the taxi was coming for us at six to go to the hair salon and the photographer. A cup of tea or coffee-yes there was the coffee maker with a 3 pin plug on it but no socket. Yes here is one -on the floor by the windows to the balcony. This is getting worse but no time to complain. The taxi arrived 10 minutes early. - many thanks to my wife she had already told the driver -my husband is English. 6am is 6 am not 7 or 7.30.. We went to the salon, then to the photographers, then to Aunty for Lunch and then 3pm we were maried, back to Aunties house for something to eat then our trustworthy taxi driver to take us back to Hamaca. Now the last straw. Not withstanding the bad lighting, weird bed size, funny lights in the bathroom, no door on the toilet, drawers did not fit, coffee machine socket on the floor etc.etc. would you believe a free bottle of beer in the refrigerator but no OPENER. Enough. I put on some shorts and a shirt and headed to the reception. I gave them some stick. There was a guy there called Anthony and he told me I had only paid to live in a slum and that is what we had. I demanded to se the manager and within minute Juan Carlo appeared. He is the reception manager. He offered to change our room there and then - i said no. Too tired - a bottle opener please. We change tomorrow. 20 minutes later a bottle opener. We enjoy our beer and go to bed. Next day as good as his word they moved us to 443 a beautiful room in Hamaca Beach a different class. We enjoyed the rest of our honeymoon. Thank you Juan Carlo.

Room Tip: Make sure your bedroom is not in the slum buildings. Don't bother with the Mexican restaurant b...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank avocadolibrian
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was the worst vacation I've ever been on. DO NOT STAY in this resort.

1. A friend and I checked into a Oceanview Suite at the Be Live Hotel on April 16, 2013. The room was filthy: There were lipstick stains on the comforter. Mold in the restroom and you had to manually put water in the toilet for it to work.

2. We kept asking the front desk staff for an upgrade, but they said the hotel was at full occupancy...even though it was a Tuesday and mostly empty. We asked on four different occasions to speak to a manager and no one ever came down.

3. The food was crap and the drinks were full of water and sugar.

4. The resort was full of Dominican prostitutes (ages 16-20) staying with older men which was not only awkward, but extremely sad.

Overall it was a really horrible experience...I would never come back or advise anyone to stay at this 1.5 Star resort.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends