“Best vacation ever!”

Be Live Experience Hamaca Garden
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Boca Chica
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was at the hamaca hotel in December 2012 for 5 days with my husband and daughter. We had a great time. The staff was excellent, the room was clean and we were right next to the pool. The renovations they have done are great! I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Kathy M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,355)

Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

My stay was For one week only, and i wished I've would've stayed longer, I loved the service. I really was expecting less because of all the bad reviews. But they proof me wrong, I loved the club and the food was excelent. I will be going back soon!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Nelly M
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Very nasty old place. Staff was very rude, from the check in. Its an all inclusive that keeps you hungry because the buffet opens 3 times a day for 2 hours only if you come 5 min late they won't allow you to go in even if the food is there. They don't care. They have on site restaurants that are always full and won't accommodate you no matter what, bcz locals eats there too. So they don't care about their guest. Pizza bar in the pool area is always empty and its sad that in our vacation we were begging for a slice of pizza bcz we were starving and nobody to help. In an all inclusive we had to go out to eat twice. The shower in the room was broken and it was rusty all over, we were careful to not get cut. Nasty, nasty,nasty!!!!! There is no other word to describe it. I moved to melia hotel in capital 45 min away my last two nights, couldn't stand it any longer. How could I forgot the most important part, its were prostitutes come take a room and hook up with tourist, I did my check in with 2 beside me and the staff knows that and just laugh about it. Inmoral place for families.

Room Tip: No tip bcz there are no good rooms
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sam_yus
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My stay was for a week.

First it took forever to check into the hotel. It turns out it was a special family weekend in the Dominican and there were tons of people staying at the hotel. That would have been fine if the hotel had the amount of staff working to take care of everyone. Second the room we stayed in the first night was nothing like what we saw on line. I was very disappointed. Some of the issues with the room were; Patio door very difficult to open and close, door to the room only opens a third of the way because it scrapes the floor, lamp shades were dirty, the floors looked suitable to an unfinished construction site not a finished room and I would not take off my shoes, the shower curtain looked very old and not very clean, the tub and fixture also very old looking and in need of a very good cleaning or sand blasting, I also would not go in the shower and my travel buddy did so with a towel lining the bottom of the tub, there was no hot water, the lock for the safe in the rooms needed to be rented, all furniture was old and in no way maintained, no hand towels were provided, the patio window was filthy, there was an electrical outlet with no cover, curtains were dirty and had holes, the mirror over the sink was dirty, no fridge as advertised, only 1 chair in the room, phone in the room didn’t work, hair dryer and cord were caked in dirt, shower head clogged and only a little stream would come out, and mould on the ceiling. All in all I was not happy. When I went to the front desk to ask for a new room I was told that I would have to wait for a day, so I slept in the room with all of my belongings on the bed all the lights on and the air conditioner turned on full so there would be no creepy crawlies!

The next day I was moved into another room that was an improvement.

The grounds were very nice and well kept. The beach was clean and kept that way during the day by diligent staff. The pools were always clean. The food and the drinks were always good. The staff were always very friendly and helpful. Two who did a fantastic job and were always ready to help whether it was to get a new room or extra plastic bags for laundry or just general information regarding the area/resort etc. were Raimudo Sierra and Pedro Metivier. Their help was much appreciated.

So overall with some very serious maintenance on the rooms this could be an amazing place to stay.

3  Thank lilmissbatgirl
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Our group chose Be Live Hamaca because we were on a limited budget, so we were not expecting a 5-star resort, but came away pleasantly surprised.
We travelled in a group, and some of the people were in the main hotel and others were situated in one of the "pods" of rooms. Each pod had about 12-18 rooms total on 3 floors, and some of the pods were being refurbished and painted, but they were not housing anyone. After a couple of days, one of the couples in our group decided they would like to change rooms due to the stair climbing to the third floor. They were not happy with the service and/or options they were given.
Each of our group's rooms was different, and for the most part, we seemed to be happy with our rooms, although some were a little more basic than others. We didn't see any mold in our room, and didn't hear of any complaints from others of our group.
The food was good, and we enjoyed eating at the a-la-cartes several times. The first couple of days, we wanted to try everything, but soon settled to a more reasonable diet.
We enjoyed sitting at the beach, where we usually had some shade for those that preferred it. The water was clear and had a packed sand bottom, so that we could see right down to the sand. Oh, and the beach sand was beautiful - white, soft and warm!
The staff were all pleasant and everyone said Olla as we passed them by, and for the most part, did whatever they could to make our stay pleasant.
If I were to have any complaints, I would say that the entertainment was less than I would have expected and that we did not receive the necessary wake-up call on the day that we were leaving.
If you are not expecting a luxury resort, this place may be one for you to consider!

1  Thank SharonW2902
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have been to MANY resorts in the Dominican Republic. The country is known for their friendly service, and great resorts. This one just SUCKED. I was thankfully only there for 3 nights. The place itself is beautiful. The lobby, buildings, and gardens are all well taken care of, unlike the rooms. When we first checked in the had 1 working lightbulb, no towels, furniture that was made in the 1940's, a broken bathroom window, no working phone or blow dryer, and a dirty tub. So because the phone was broken we had to walk all the way back to the lobby to complain, one of the attendants walked us back to our room "to see what's wrong." When we got back the attendant walked the room 5 times while singing to himself. He then proceeded to tell us that he can get some light bulbs to fix the room. I almost blew up. I said no, that's not good enough, the room was disgusting and we demanded another room. He at first said there was nothing available, and then said I'll see what I can do. So he leaves and we wait for at least 15 mins and still no response. We had to walk back to the lobby, this time with all of our luggage and the attendant finally said let's go to your new room. The room was much better then the first but still had no working blow dryer, which we had to ask for 5 times before asking a cleaning woman to bring us one. The service overall sucked. It took forever to get coffee, water for a table, forget about a question answered, and to top it all off the food wasn't good, I had men who worked at the hotel catcall me AND THE LIGHTS WENT OUT 4 TIMES IN 3 NIGHTS! I have never experienced such a lack of attention to the details at a resort. I will NEVER go back to Boca Chica. BY the way, all of my complaining and arguing was done in Spanish, I have no idea how someone who doesn't speak Spanish can manage themselves in that hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank Arianarod06
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've just returned from a week holiday at Be Live Hamaca, Boca Chica, Dominican Republic. The resort was much better than we had expected from some of the reviews on Trip Advisor. Rooms were basic but clean. Whenever we had a concern it was fixed within minutes. Beach was lovely - white sand which was constantly being raked by employees; litter was picked up. The water was crystal clear and perfect for swimming. Wait staff in the restaurants was very friendly and accomodating.
My roommate had a medical problem. The doctor on site was efficient, sent her to Santo Domingo by ambulance where she was seen immediately, diagnosed and treated in record time, brought back to the resort by the same ambulance which stopped enroute at a pharmacy so she could purchase the prescribed drugs which the hospital did not have on hand. All this was completed in 3 1/2 hours. Next day the on-site doctor came to find my friend and scheduled a follow-up.
All in all, the vacation was lovely.

6  Thank Madeline R