“BelleVue Dominican Bay provides decent accommodations”

BelleVue Dominican Bay
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Boca Chica
Thomaston, Connecticut
“BelleVue Dominican Bay provides decent accommodations”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed at the BelleVue Dominican Bay for 6 nights while attending the Dominican Baseball Camp. The hotel provides a basic room and edible food, but nothing spectacular. My room was clean, although a bit shabby. The mattress itself was on the hard and gave me a sore back and the pillows were ridiculously small, lumpy, and uncomfortable. It was hard to sleep at night because some game show in the theatre blasts out loud music and amplified voices until well into the night.

The food at the restaurant was edible, but nothing special. It was similar to what one would get at a typical college refectory.

The workers were all very friendly and helpful whenever I interacted with them.

If I was going to choose somewhere to stay on a Dominican vacation I would choose a different hotel, but since we were there for the baseball and not to hang around the hotel the BelleVue Dominican Bay was okay.

Room Tip: You don't want a room near the theatre unless you want to hear loud music all night.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RogerAnthony
Francis R, Public Relations Manager at BelleVue Dominican Bay, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the time you have taken to write this feedback, we feel proud that our team offers you a friendly service.

It is very disappointing to us that your stay did not exceed your expectations, we will certainly work on the points you have mentioned in your comments in order to make your vacation more enjoyable in the future.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I had a sweet holiday staying here. The showers were awful, so we wore our sandals in, the food was fine, and the rooms were old, but whatever! It's paradise. The people were friendly, though the front desk could use an extra worker. The beach is lovely, though people will want to sell you stuff. The pools were nice and the landscaping beautiful. The maids kept the room clean and she was smiley, although we didn't speak the same language. Hard working people here. I do think that people may need to make a choice to enjoy this place... Every place has it's downfalls but we loved our holiday.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank edmontonmelissa
Francis R, Public Relations Manager at BelleVue Dominican Bay, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Bellevue Dominican Bay as your holiday destination and it was a great honor for us to be your hosts.

Here at Bellevue Dominican Bay we always take on board all feedback that our much valued guests leave with us, as this is an excellent way of the hotel moving forward and making improvements, so with that in mind we thank you kindly for all of your comments.

We certainly hope we have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Powder Springs, Georgia
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I only 24 hours I was not happy the bed was broken, the maids cleaned the room but left no towels but did steal candy from the room. will not return to this place or recommend rate -1 if I could do it

Room Tip: the best advice I would give is not to waste your money you will not be happy, feel free to zoom in...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HarryB9921
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the time you have taken to write this feedback, I will certainly share your comments with my staff, in order to verify what happen with the towels replacement during your stay. At Bellevue Dominican Bay we are proud of our staff but we will certainly reinforce with our maids the importance of our guest’s confidence.

I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay.

Travelers are raving about these Boca Chica hotels

Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This Hotel look very nice and clean from the out side. Me, my wife and her mother stay for one night. We had a reservation for 3 nights but we cancelled the rest of the nights.
We where transfer to 4 different rooms trying to get a non smelly or dirty one, all 4 rooms leaks water from the ceiling and smell terrible.
Another good thing about it is that people are very friendly and nice like most Dominicans, food was acceptable but I will never going back.

Room Tip: Bring your own towels
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gabriel G
Granbury, Texas
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Check-in only took about 5 minutes. Booked a garden room but I asked for a pool view and got it.
Very friendly and helpful staff. You do hear bar and pool noise at night outside but inside, the room is quiet. The A/C was always cold and the water was at least warm. The pillows are very cheap - bring your own. The beach is only a few minutes walk via the overhead walkway. Main street in town (grocery store and restaurants), are also only a few minutes away. Although there is plenty of food to choose from, it might not be considered all that tasty or nutritional. The pool did get crowded on the weekend with locals but they were polite. A cheap hotel airport shuttle would be nice, otherwise it will be about $30 for a 10 min taxi ride each way.

Room Tip: Most units are three stories with no elevator
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank beachump2010
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 25, 2013

It was so bad i want ed to go to a different hotel but, i could not get in touch with my travel agent. I kept trying to call the place i got my ticket to travel for whatever reasons, they were not available to answer the call. At first, i was given a room that was uncleaned. The bed was not done and there were no refrigerator in the room and towels and soap. It seemed like someone just covered the bed with the used sheets and gave it to me. I was so tired, i just undressed and went to bed. The next day, it took more 3 hours to get a clean room. The furniture s are so old and lots of roaches in the closet area. I had to change rooms 3 times in a five days stay. They were trying to sell me a time share when i declined the offer to buy the manager became very furious. he came short of cursing me when he realized that i was not going to fall for the pressure to buy a nice and comfortable stay as he put it.

Room Tip: staff were very nasty and unfriendly
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank joe d
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My experience at the Dominican Bay was outstanding. It was exactly what I was looking for at a rate that was the best rate around. The service and food was outstanding and having our own private beach right across the way was ideal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
#10 of 16 in Bayahibe
Emotions by Hodelpa
Emotions by Hodelpa
#1 of 12 in Juan Dolio

Been to BelleVue Dominican Bay? Share your experiences!