“Mmmm”

BelleVue Dominican Bay
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Boca Chica
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This Hotel look very nice and clean from the out side. Me, my wife and her mother stay for one night. We had a reservation for 3 nights but we cancelled the rest of the nights.
We where transfer to 4 different rooms trying to get a non smelly or dirty one, all 4 rooms leaks water from the ceiling and smell terrible.
Another good thing about it is that people are very friendly and nice like most Dominicans, food was acceptable but I will never going back.

Room Tip: Bring your own towels
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gabriel G

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Check-in only took about 5 minutes. Booked a garden room but I asked for a pool view and got it.
Very friendly and helpful staff. You do hear bar and pool noise at night outside but inside, the room is quiet. The A/C was always cold and the water was at least warm. The pillows are very cheap - bring your own. The beach is only a few minutes walk via the overhead walkway. Main street in town (grocery store and restaurants), are also only a few minutes away. Although there is plenty of food to choose from, it might not be considered all that tasty or nutritional. The pool did get crowded on the weekend with locals but they were polite. A cheap hotel airport shuttle would be nice, otherwise it will be about $30 for a 10 min taxi ride each way.

Room Tip: Most units are three stories with no elevator
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank beachump2010
Reviewed November 25, 2013

It was so bad i want ed to go to a different hotel but, i could not get in touch with my travel agent. I kept trying to call the place i got my ticket to travel for whatever reasons, they were not available to answer the call. At first, i was given a room that was uncleaned. The bed was not done and there were no refrigerator in the room and towels and soap. It seemed like someone just covered the bed with the used sheets and gave it to me. I was so tired, i just undressed and went to bed. The next day, it took more 3 hours to get a clean room. The furniture s are so old and lots of roaches in the closet area. I had to change rooms 3 times in a five days stay. They were trying to sell me a time share when i declined the offer to buy the manager became very furious. he came short of cursing me when he realized that i was not going to fall for the pressure to buy a nice and comfortable stay as he put it.

Room Tip: staff were very nasty and unfriendly
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank joe d
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My experience at the Dominican Bay was outstanding. It was exactly what I was looking for at a rate that was the best rate around. The service and food was outstanding and having our own private beach right across the way was ideal.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pat S
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

If you read my reviews, I rarely give a bad or average review. Here is the positives: Good price for a vacation on a budget. The staff was helpful & accommodate my request to change rooms, an iron & a different TV. The best (seriously) entertainment show on Saturday night. The entertainment staff keeps everybody busy & entertained. Now for the negative: 1- this is a resort for people on a budget. 2- lots if locals during the Saturday which makes lunch a mad house with long lines. 3- lots of prostitutes in town & staying with hotel guest (not unusual to see on vacation spots). 4- the rooms AC do not run to keep rooms cool. 5- no free wifi - there is a fee if you want it. 6- pay for safety deposit key ($2 per day). 7- there was no remote control for
TV. I didn't have a problem with this since we didn't travel to watch TV. 6- the hotel's chairs can't be move near to beach. There are lounge chairs at beach but only in a restricted area. Note: a short drive from airport yet it cost $40 one way! Yup the only cost not part of a budget vacation. The most important fact: weather was awesome!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank diazuc
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This was the worst vacation spot i have ever in my life been to . Pictures look good ... thats how they got me . In the cab on our way there i already knew this was not going to be good . We had to switch rooms 3 times when we checked in , the pillows looked like they were stuffed with socks , the tubs were disgusting , the rooms smelled like a basement , one of the days mysterious underwear showed up on my balcony , not to mention all the power outages that happen and no one seems to remember it the next day . The pool looked beautiful until all the locals take over mid day . The restaurant looked great in the pictures ... but the food was horrible, i have never seen so many ways a banana and hot dogs can be cooked , its making me sick thinking about it . OHH the best part.. all the prostitutes !! You can tell who they are because the ma would have the green wrist ban on and the woman would have the white .. meaning she was only there for the night . The beach !! Oh the beach ... do not pass the wood barrier between the stair way and the sand , you will get bombarded with locals trying to sell you crap , the drug lords walking around scaming you for money , it got so bad with all the locals that you couldnt even see the water . The pictures are a lie !!!

Room Tip: Rooms are disgusting , they smell bad , stained sheets , pillows made up of rolled up socks
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Ana M
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My mum and I spent 5 amazing days at the BelleVue hotel and we loved if !!
Everything was just perfect . The people were very friendly at hotel and treat us with respect , anything we asked for they helped us to get it done quick and stress free.
Our hotel had beautiful view on the pool . We went in November so the hotel had a lot local people but they were no problem to deal with. The beach was only 5 mins walk over the bridge . The food was good , the room was clean , we became friends with many people .One of the most friendly and professional staff Paulo and Samuel , thank you guys again for great 5 days we are definitely coming back !!!! Joanna $ Wiesia

Room Tip: we had an amazing pool view in the area of complex number 17 and it was fantastic we loved the locat...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Be Live Collection Canoa
#12 of 16 in Bayahibe
Be Live Collection Punta Cana
Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa

Been to BelleVue Dominican Bay? Share your experiences!