“Dominican Bay”

BelleVue Dominican Bay
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Boca Chica
Reviewed September 4, 2013

For a long weekend this resort is fine and not expensive. Food is good although steered towards Dominican taste. No problems with electricity and evening entertainment beside the swimming pool was fun.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank vickiney
Write a ReviewReviews (1,947)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

first of it's not near so call resort the beach is a walk and you don't want to be there after dark electricy went for like 3 hours no backup light if you need an iron,hairdryer,pool towel and even the remote to the tv you must go to front desk and sign for it. by the way the tv is not a flat screen(19inch with poor pic) beverage and drinks only near the pool, and you have to go get it yourself. book it for 9 days and only stood there the first night and the night before leaving nothing to do but lay around the pool area the only busy time is on the weekend and that's because the Dominicans from there (not tourist)get away.it was so called cheap with flight included but it is not what they advertise. this is not a RESORT with so called all inclusive NOT wont even think of going there again..sooooory

Room Tip: go to a real resort punta cana
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

the hotel hospitality was just average could have been better. as an all-inclusive hotel, it definetly didn't meet up to the expectations i had in my mind. the food options was not robust for the number of days we stayed there. however a couple of memorable experiences were the excursions we took while we were there e.g jeep safari and the trip to Saona island. amazeballls

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a local hotel run by locals and no a corporate hotel. Its lay back, modest and it feels like Dominican Republic. I can understand why there are so many bad reviews about BelleVue Dominican Bay and I guess they are valid in those people's perspective.
The bedrooms are ok and yes, I found the bathroom old and outdated, I love the sheets though, they were nicer than mine!. The food is not bad, and the coffee from the machine is really good.
DEFINITELY do the tour to Isla Saona, you will not regret it, is a paradise.
What I liked the most about this hotel is the location, its a 3 min walk to the Bay and right in the center of Boca Chica. You see the locals crossing the streets and you can have a walk around the town, however, they recommend not to go out at night.
The bay is great, clear water and nice weather. We were there with a friend on Christmas and it was not awfully crowded.
If you like luxury and spotless bathrooms go to Punta Cana, you will get the American version of DR there, but if you like to expand your comfort zone for the sake of your own self, then you should try something different :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Patricia G
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I had an awesome time. We were worried and expected the worse after reading these bad reviews, but we were pleasantly surprised with the BelleVue Dominican Bay. I'm glad, we didn't listen to people on TripAdvisor. For a three star resort this place does more than a good job. It strives for excellence, and won not only our hearts, but also gained loyal clients.

First let me clear all doubts, I am a person who has traveled extensively, and who has had the good fortune of staying in five star accommodations because of my job. I am not a novice traveler. I am capable of identifying quality. I am not afraid to voice negative feedback if it is well deserved.

This place was a magnificent setting for our four day escape. EVERY single employee that we encountered treated us like royalty during our entire stay. All positions from the cleaning staff to the hotel director know how to give outstanding, professional service. Vizcaíno from reception greeted us and set the brilliant mood. Feliciano, the hotel director, who we just happened to bump into during dinner on our last night, comped us a super late check out for the following day, due to the fact that we had a late evening flight.

The food was presentable and very delicious. BelleVue boasts international fare but it really is not. They serve a scrumptious spread of Dominican style food, and that was fine by us. The endless supply of Presidente beer runs cold and it is self-serve. Mixed drinks were tasty.

Everything was clean. Our room was cleaned on a daily basis, and we had no problems with our suite, which Vizcaíno upgraded because we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Pools were well chlorinated. All public areas were comfortable and exquisite.

The grounds and pools were immaculate. It was a tropical paradise. We felt enlivened by the well kept landscape. It really was a bright, sunny colorful place. The beach was also rich and abundant in its natural backdrop. This scene was such a wonderful escapade for my wife and I.

We were truly amazed at the shows and entertainment. The thrill of watching Olympic level acrobats entertained us one night, and graceful dancers dazzled us on another night. On the last night we played Bingo for prizes, and participated in dance lessons, which the staff taught in a hysterical manner in four different languages at once!

We played ping pong and volleyball and socializes with guests from all over the world. Everyone seemed to have been having a raging, fun time. We networked and made friends during these activities and smiled and greeted one another during the rest of our stay.

This ain't the Hilton but for the price, this is one hell of a resort, and we highly recommend it. I give it five stars easily.

Room Tip: Block 16, Room 305 was a penthouse suite by the main pool. It is where the main activity takes place...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JIN1018
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was in Belle View Dominican Bay for 8 days in July and the hotel is not like before ,the food is not good ,the disco only open 2 days and after 12am they only have beer in the bar .,and the shows are realy bad ,I don't coming back egen

1  Thank Pedro A
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The food is acceptable but it is a bit repetitive. The people are nice. We had to change rooms as the room smelled a bit mouldy and there was mould in the bathroom but they were nice and upgraded us to a much better room. There is no private beach and you have to do a short walk to the public beach. Only thing I didn't like about this is that the vendors totally hustle and attack you... they got on my nerves, they see you as a tourist and think you have money and try to sell you anything. The best thing, although cheesey, was the entertainment. We had a few good laughs there. It is a 3 star and there is another one near it, the Be Live Hamaca that is meant to be a 4 star but there isn't much difference between them. Depending on the time of year, it seems that they are very similarly priced. But i don't have the same feeling about the Hamaca, even if it is aesthetically prettier. It is fun for families. They have food everywhere, bar, beach, restaurants, even if what they have late at night is burgers, chips and hot dogs. I would probably go back only because it was good value. Don't be expecting luxury. if you are young and all you wanna do is have fun and get drunk, this would do. It would be ok if you don't wanna go to the more expensive resorts in Punta Cana or La Romana... if you can afford it, get away from Boca Chica.

Room Tip: You can ask to be upgraded to a deluxe room. if they are empty and you are nice enough, they may jus...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family