BelleVue Dominican Bay
Hotel Mango(Boca Chica)(Great Value!)
$34
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Hotel Garant(Boca Chica)
$50
Hotel Villa Capri(Boca Chica)(Great Value!)
$36
$30
Hotels.com
Village on the Beach, Boca Chica(Boca Chica)(Great Value!)
$45
  • Breakfast included
NEPTUNO'S REFUGIO(Boca Chica)(Great Value!)
$40
  • Pool
Hotel Don Michele(Boca Chica)(Great Value!)
$40
Casa Coco(Boca Chica)
$29
$26
  • Pool
Parco del Caribe(Boca Chica)(Great Value!)
$35
$204
$118
Bookit.com
2,060 results
All reviewsanimation teamnight showshave a good timebad reviewsa la carte restaurantschuparichiemaximobaseballhola
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Do not waste your money we were told the transfer was just 2 hours it was in fact a staggering 6 hours there is one nearer but the price is double we lost two full days becuase of this.
We choose this hotel above others as it offered child care for our 3 year old and loads of entertainment for the older two, when in fact the nurserry was closed the entire two weeks and there was no entertainment for the children only one night a fashion show which our children were for some reason not allowed to join in with only the local kids!!
Food was OK and drinks when you could get served OK that was about it rooms dirty showers not working had to change rooms twice.
Despite requesting rooms next door to each other for our children age 11, 10 & 3 they through it ok for them to be at the other end of the corridor I had to bribe recepetion to move us, the rep only appeared once and never came back to meet with us when he had arranged to.
The noise at this hotel is a nightmare from first thing to last they have music blarring out 24/7 with the same CD over and over.
Fishing here is a waste of time and we went scuba diving as we always dive this was very disappointing as well Vis not good went with Treasure Island and was quite frankly disgusted one time we went out on the large boat as they wanted to take out a number of snorklers, the weather changed the boat broke its morings twice so when we surfaced it was no where to be seen our guide had lost two divers! when the boat found us it almost went over the top of me and no help was offered to help us get in myself aged 40 female slight build and worse my daughter 11, it was a terrible experince and very frightening, on another dive the mask they had given was broken so I was unable to dive and no apology or refund was offered, don't come here for the diving or fishing, this compnay put money before safety!!
The highlight of the holiday was seeing a huming birds in the wild.

Room Tip: don't go
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank tracylaura
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Yes the prices are affordable and the pictures look nice, but wouldnt stay there or recommend anyone stay there. The beach is about 1/2 a mile away, there is a walk way infront of the hotel which takes you there. The food was horrible! theres was no tyoe of seafood, only meat balls and grilled porkchops, which both had no seasoning and tasted like plain meat. yuck... worst pina coladas i have ever had. The beds were old and worn out, the tv was smaller than my computer screen at home! hope this helps, but just not worth it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank flakachula523
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I stayed here with my fiance for 2 nights because it was closer to our morning destinations. We usually stay at Barcelo Capella in Juan Dolio and although we love it, it was a lil more far. Check-in at Bellevue was so uncomfortable. There was a huge line and without exagerrating it took a little less than an hour. Once we got to the front of the line, there was a complete mess and they just seemed as if they had no idea what they were doing. I had booked a king size bed, the young lady put us in one with two double beds without even letting us know nor apologizing. I work in a hotel myself and for me this is truly unacceptable. The rooms were true to the pictures in their website, and although they did have the ugly fruty comforters I must say that the rooms were very clean as well as the bathrooms. The food was my biggest dissapointment, I don't have high erxpectations but the hotel had absolutely no variety, no desserts except for jello. On the second night they served like a platain loaf with mashed potatoes inside that were from the night before and they just seemed to mix together. The drinks are great for the value. I really enjoyed the pools as one was very quiet and the other one was like the family one. They have entertainment for children at night such as competitions on stage and singing. To access the beach you have to walk about 5 mins over a bridge and down the stairs but I liked the fact that they had a bar on the beach, so you just showed your wristband and could have unlimited drinks. I didn't get a chance to visit the nightclub, lived in DR for a couple of years and know that Boca Chica at night is not the safest enviornment. The ac broke down one day but they fixed it quickly. Overall I would say if you are looking to save money, it is definately the place for you but if you can afford maybe 30-40 more per night stay at a Barcelo, much better service.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I have stayed here a dozen times. OK I am tired of reading all bad things here, It's 42-72$ A DAY per couple!
You just can not please some people. You get 3 buffet meals and snack/drinks by the pool/beach.
GOOD THINGS; Immaculate grounds, beautifully landscaped, second best beach area of Boca Chica, close to airport, good food, private board walk to beach.
BAD THINGS; Bathrooms need remodeling, AC is weak, no internet in rooms.
I have only ever had one problem with staff, but it was more cultural than the hotels fault.
Pat Walker

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank patwxdaddy
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Resort is right near the airport. As it was explained to us, it's a "local's" resort. Staff was nice and helpful, room was fine. We were there during Hurricane Irene and this review is not pertaining to that, however, the resort did give us good procedures / instructions and garbage bags for our things in case we needed them.

Pros: Beach was nice, flowers and greenery around the place were maintained. Carrib. restaurant was good. Close to hotel, Open reception and buildings were nice. Air conditioning worked well. Fresh potable water was provided all over the resort. Balcony was a great place to sit. All was simple but fine!

Cons: (keep in mind we were there during Aug, aka hurricane season) shower water was not warm, constant blackouts (bring a flashlight!) two pools – Large pool was packed and way too loud and crazy- we never went because of that. “Quiet pool” was never quiet, but always crawling with kids.

in turn, we'd go back and make this our 'home base' but travel around the island more.

Room Tip: Rooms around the large pool are very noisy - rooms around smaller pool are better
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple