“Good excepted surrounding noise”
Review of NEPTUNO'S REFUGIO

NEPTUNO'S REFUGIO
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Boca Chica
chine
“Good excepted surrounding noise”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Hotel is located 10 minutes away by walking from the beach, restaurants, and night spots. The young couple of owner/manager is friendly and customer oriented.

Hotel level is above Boca Chica standard room rates of USD 30/night, I have experienced in the past, even if USD 55/night I paid was overpriced. Simple BKF (enough for non Mac Do and Coke lovers) include in room rate.

Room number 6 at 3rd level, I had was spacious, clear with big windows, A/C was working well without noise, cable TV, and WIFI in room were OK. Continuous hot and cold water, rooms are daily cleaned. Simple safety box (red treasury box) in room. Room has a small balcony.

Small pool and natural open space are daily maintained and well equipped. Unfortunately mosquitoes are also part of the game..

Clean environment in hotel area. It is a safe guest friendly hotel. A night keeper is on duty too.

Negative points;:
1) NEPTUNO’S REFUGIO is located 100 meters away from a so call “all inclusive hotel/industry” named “Be Live / Hamaca” generating a lot of noise during nights through disco, casinos, parties, etc… 2 nights out of 4 I’ve spent, I was unable to sleep before 5.00 am. Bass sounds from the music were so strong that windows in hotel rooms were vibrating….

2) It is well notified (see picture) that payment by AMEX are accepted but are charged at 18% fee which is completely against AMEX policy. According explanation received from manager/owner it is linked to local bank charge. It seems strange to me. I assume it's more linked to income tax payment “game” in DR.

Room Tip: Book a room at 3rd or 4th floor to avoid mosquito’s festival….
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank asiana55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Wow! I don't think I can find enough words to express my experience at Neptuno's. It may not be a 5 star hotel but the quality service and the people there surpass 5 star treatment. You will never get this type of treatment in a 5 star hotel. First I must say, we stayed one night on April 21, 2013 and when we arrived the owner helped us with our bags to our very nice suite but we were just passing through on our trip. On our way back we decided to stay there again this time for 3 nights and we checked in with a world of problems. From lost baggage to cancel flights and they assisted us to the end, they even went as far as calling the airline without our knowledge to check on our lost luggage. These people are magnificent, OMG, they treated us like family. The rooms are also nice and comfortable, We also enjoyed the home cooked breakfast they offered. I have never been to Italy but based on what I heard about Italy it has that type of feel to the place. From the owner, to management, to front desk staff, to security they all were fantastic, even the house keepers. I am a 5 star hotel kind of person but I will definitely stay at Neptuno's Refugio again and you cant beat the price either, they should be charging more but don't tell them I said that...lol I choose this hotel because of the great reviews and I am glad I did. Thanks guys for everything.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank PaulineM1960
Reviewed April 16, 2013

A nice hotel clean with a nice garden and swing pool ,the staff are friendly and redy to help you if you need it ,there is nothing luxury but a nice clean room.We had a room with the view at the sea btw the terase is huge !

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Boxsterina
Newton Utah
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This small but nice hotel was perfect for our family of 6. We had simple but very clean adjoining rooms. We were served a free American style breakfast each morning on a secluded patio garden. The staff were very responsive to our requests for info or services. Easy walk to beach & we felt safe in the area. Would stay there again!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank RaelynR
Nelson, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed here two nights, clean rooms, beer in the fridge for a good price, the staff are friendly and helpful, the breakfast provided was excellent (7 choices). Close enough to downtown Boca Chica where all the action is, however far enough away for peace and quiet.

Room Tip: The apartment room had a small refrigerator.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CommonSense60
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I recently stayed at this lovely and quaint family owned hotel. Not only economical but a beautifully landscaped property.
First you wake up and have breakfast(included in the price of the room) in the tropical garden/patio. The staff here bends over backwards to make sure you enjoy your stay.
I highly recommend this jewel of a hotel.Tell Fedrico and the beautiful Katey that Tim
sent you!
Bonjourno

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank timothy d
Grecia
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I would stay here forever if I could. The hotel is beautiful as well as the owners and their family. We were treated like family. They will make your trip here very enjoyable. The breakfast is delightful. Very reasonable as well. It is worth staying here as along term base and easy to travel the country and come back here to enjoy. Private resort type setting beautiful grounds and private pool. Even pizza delivered to your room from little Italy. Walk to the beach and casino and all the many restaurants. Drive to Semana in 2.5 hours enjoy waterfalls and other beaches and go back to your little safe haven. Refugio is just that our refuge. Thank you Fredrico and Katie and family! Muchos Grasias Amigos.
Ken and Belinda from Orlando, Florida

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful and economical for top quality stay.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple