“Nice pub”

Ye Olde Saracens Head
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: A carefully crafted pub, specialising in charcoal oven grilled steaks and authentic stonebaked pizza's. To make a booking please visit our website or just give us a call.
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Had Sunday lunch here with my wife. We had the 3 course deal. Starters were the goats cheese for my wife (a bit unsubstantial) and the chicken liver parfait for me - really enjoyed that.
Nice pint of Pedigree and nice Spanish red wine.
Roast beef with the all the trimmings for the main, bit underwhelmed by the beef, didn't have a lot of taste, and would have preferred it rarer but overall it was a good plate of food - nice veg etc.
Pud was chocolate brownie, lovely texture but not chocolaty enough!
Waitress and all the staff were great, very attentive without being OTT.
The battered fish looked great as did the pizzas so we will be back very soon!
Lovely pub.

YOSHcv7, General Manager at Ye Olde Saracens Head, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

RoadsterRob hi,

Thank you for taking time and leaving us your feedback, as always will take all the feedback to make your bext visit an even better experiance.

Warmest regards

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We have been there last Sunday and was our second time, we had artichoke and mushroom pizza one of the best pizzas that we had in UK. We went here by the recommendations of two friends.
They allow dogs that is a huge bonus because you won't see this very often. They even bring water to our dog, how cool is that?
Very clean and the food was awesome. The coffee is very good, you wont be served illy coffee everywhere.
They are value for money, the prices are very good and you receive top quality food.
The services are great, the waitresses are really polity and loving and will do anything that they can do make you feel welcome.
Personally i love this place and i felt great and i am very happy that i found this place.
We will return and I won't hesitate to recommend this place to my family and my friends.

Nicole hi,

Thank you for taking time and leaving us your feedback.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

An enticing menu that certainly doesn't deliver.
Add to this poor, off-hand and slow service and that's the recipe for a disappointing lunch.

The waitresses did a lot of walking about. The customers did a lot of waiting. We got fed up of waiting for a menu listing desserts and my friend went unsuccessfully in search.

Don't be misled by their website. They said they weren't doing their advertised special set meal because they'd run out of fish and chips. They let us have it though. Just as well, I wouldn't have paid full price for my three small goats cheese bon bons with a sliver of apple and a lettuce leaf. The Gloucester Old Spot sausages were a let down (poor texture led me to suspect the variety). Mash ok. Gravy strong and flavourful but it became the dominant flavour. Overpriced too, even on the elusive deal.

I won't bother going back. There are far better alternatives.

1  Thank Anne S

Anne hi,

I can only apologise for a poor hospitality on our account.
I would like to invite you back and look after you myself, if you could please get in touch with your contact details:
info@saracensheadbalsallcommon.com

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Another excellent meal. The service and ambience always good. As my friend and I were watching calories after Christmas, we were offered poached chicken with steamed vegetables which was delicious. On a previous occasion we had one of their excellent pizzas which was cooked to order in their new pizza oven. Have now had several lunches and dinners here and can highly recommend this pub for its excellent food and wine. There was just one small criticism today and that was that we were not offered the free bottle of wine when choosing our main courses, we had to ask for this.

Claire hi,

Thank you for taking time and leaving us your review.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is the first time I have written a review but since our last visit last year, this restaurant has gone way down in service and quality of food. We opted for the three course lunch and when our pate starter arrived, it only came with half a slice of bread and as we had pate left and nothing to put it on we asked for more bread which we were charged for. When our main course arrived two from our party sent their meal back as it was only Luke warm. My husbands was also Luke warm but he was so hungry that he decided to eat it as he didn't want to wait. He had finished his lunch by the time our main course came back out to us. It was still only Luke warm but this time , there was no carrots or parsnips on the plate. We ate it as they obviously don't bother about complaints and can only assume that they had run out of these vegetables as they had run out of some of the starters and also the deserts which we had chosen and had to choose something else. My mum had apple pie which was hard as a rock and couldn't bit through the chunks on top. It was also very cold in the whole pub, when we arrived the fires were roaring and about half an hour after we arrived, a chap put come wood on them as they were starting to die down. He killed them completely .....all the fires went out. It was very cold and my husband sat with his coat on. We moved to the bar area to have coffee, and when we asked the waitress what had happened to the fires, she said all the logs were wet so couldn't put them on the fires. You would think that they would have a reserve of logs inside the pub and not leave them outside where we spotted them ..... It was pouring with rain and they were uncovered. Maybe they don't realise it's winter....... We will not be going back to Ye Old Saracens Head in a hurry.

Gavin hi,

Apolologies for sucha a poor hospitality on our account, if you would like to get in touch and leave us your contact details that would be fab.
info@saracensheadbalsallcommon.com