“What a lovely hotel, stayed 31st January to 2nd February”

De Vere Horwood Estate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Little Horwood
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Hi to everyone at horwood house, thankyou for a lovely stay. We stayed for 2 nights and it was perfect in every way, couldn't fault it, staff were really friendly and very helpful, food was delicious, all I can say is that we look forward to staying with you again soon, thanks again, Pete and Alison

• Stayed: January 2014
GMHorwoodHouse, General Manager at De Vere Horwood Estate, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

PeteBullen

Thank you for your wonderful five star review of your visit to Horwood House.
I am delighted that every aspect of your stay was enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Chris Steadman

Write a ReviewReviews (1,482)

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Overall the hotel is quite nice with good facilities; however, on the the day I stayed there was no hot water!! I had to cold shower having just returned from the gym.

When I checked out I was informed that there was a problem which is now fixed (as I stood suited and booted after having to endure a cold shower - as if i was going back to take another one!!)

It didnt feel like the hotel was too bothered about the situation - and no compensation was offered in any form.

I previously stayed at a hotel where this happened and they halfed my bill - Horwood House should take note.

Felt Dissapointed when I left!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CarltonBoy
GMHorwoodHouse, General Manager at De Vere Horwood Estate, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

CarltonBoy

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of Horwood House, I am pleased to hear that overall you found the hotel to be nice and our facilities were of a good standard.
However, I am disappointed that there was an issue with your shower on the morning of your departure and your experience with us was marred by this.
I can only apologise for the lack of hot water when showering early in the morning and can assure you that as soon as our maintenance team were notified of the issue, they immediately investigated what had happened and rectified the situation as soon as they could. I can only apologise that the issue was not corrected in time for your shower.
We hope to welcome you back to Horwood House in the near future in order to restore your faith in the service that Horwood House can provide.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Special thanks to Julia Hilliard,Restaurant Supervisor at Horwood House for her superb hospitality and the chefs for their delicious cakes/scones, during our visit yesterday afternoon. A memorable experience!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Laura P

Thank you for your 5 star review of Horwood House, I am delighted you had a truly memorable experience.
Thank you for your words of thanks to Julia, she is a credit to the Horwood House team. I will ensure she is rewarded at our Quality Wins presentation, which we hold each month to recognise members of staff who go that extra mile to ensure our guests have a wonderful experience at the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Horwood House in the near future.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

When driving along the drive you cannot help but be impressed with this beautiful hotel and location. The first disappointment is that the disabled parking could not be any further away from reception. Check-in was painless if a little rushed, finding the room was a task in itself, I still cannot understand how room 2o5 can be next to room 401. The room was dated, the Tv was an old CRT type with just 5 channels and if you are there on business and hoping to use the wireless to work in the evening forget it it is only slightly quicker than dial up and that is if there is only you using it! The room was like a sauna and the bathroom made the most irritating humming noise all night long. A beautiful property but a very disappointing hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kelvin M
GMHorwoodHouse, General Manager at De Vere Horwood Estate, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Kelvin M

I would like to thank you for your review of Horwood House following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you were impressed with the hotel and location, although I am disappointed to hear there were elements of your stay which failed to meet your expectations.
Once again thank you for taking the time to review.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

A very smart and peaceful location, that feels very rural, but not far from the City. The Hotel has a very plush stately home feel, at reception and at the bar.
The rooms are more modern, they are designed to fit a price, but nonetheless, good value.
Definitely a cut above some of the national chains.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
GMHorwoodHouse, General Manager at De Vere Horwood Estate, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Antony A

Thank you for taking time to write a review of Horwood House following your recent stay with us.
I was delighted to read that you found our settings to be very smart and peaceful.
It was nice to know that you found your room comfortable, modern and of good value.
We hope to welcome you back to Horwood House in the near future.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I called to book £115 on a gift card for my mother in law. I gave all my contact details and was told the gift card plus brochures would be posted over a week ago. As I hadn't received anything I called to chase to be told they couldn't help I would have to wait until the person I dealt with was in. Called back today only to be told oh the gift card is broken and there's nothing they can do. great less than a week before Xmas no present and last postal day tomorrow! All they can do is apologise? I would expect more than an apology as no one has even called to tell me of this problem. Terrible service considering this is a hotel. I won't be re booking

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Katie E
GMHorwoodHouse, General Manager at De Vere Horwood Estate, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Katie E

Please accept my sincere apologies with regards to the shortfall in service experienced recently when trying to arrange a PH gift card for your mother in law.
I can assure you that this level of service is not the norm for Horwood House and I am very disappointed that you received such poor customer service.
I have instructed our Front of House Manager to review staff training to ensure this type of issue does not occur in the future.
Once again I would like to renew my apology and hope that we can welcome you to a PH Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have recently stayed in Horwood House while I was working down here in Milton Keynes. Granted I was working night shifts so wasn't here to see the sites, but the hotel has a stunning setting.
The staff were all lovely, took the time to talk to me, which was nice because I was by myself. The food was lovely. I would highly recommend the breakfast!!
My room was really nice, and the bed was heavenly.... provided me with a lovely sleep thank goodness.
The only downfall was the WIFI, which wasn't very good as I was relying on my phone to keep in touch with my family so needed skype.
However, apart from that one thing I would really recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Be prepared for a bit of a treck to find your room from reception.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
GMHorwoodHouse, General Manager at De Vere Horwood Estate, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Anna S

Thank you for your review of Horwood House. I am pleased that your first impressions of the hotel exceeded your expectations, I agree the hotel has a stunning setting.
Travelling alone can be a daunting experience, I am very pleased that the team took the time to talk to you and made you feel comfortable by yourself and you were able to get a good night sleep.
It is lovely to hear that you would really recommend this hotel, we hope to welcome you back to Horwood House in the near future.

Kind Regards

#1 of 2 in Chesham
Hartwell House
Hartwell House
#1 of 1 in Hartwell

Been to De Vere Horwood Estate? Share your experiences!