“Good value if you secure a special offer deal”

De Vere Horwood Estate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Little Horwood
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here with my 11 year old couple of weeks ago, two nights mid week. We had a twin room with a special offer so it was reasonably good value for bed and breakfast.
Our room was one of the older , smaller rooms they must reserve for their specials, some we saw are much more modern and larger. Ours was warm and comfortable enough but a bit tight with desk, table and chair etc.
the tv was a tiny portable, despite the room brochure giving advice about the channels, none of these corresponded accordingly and 6 of them were not available or duplicated. The remote control did not work. The shower was poor, water not particularly hot and no power in it. Basic shampoo and gel, no hair conditioner etc. the and coffee facilities provided for just one cup each a day, all seemed to be bare minimum which I think is out of character with a hotel which claims to be four star. No fridge but use of a hair dryer and ironing board in the room. It is the little details which make the difference.
Each night I was awoken by a loud and incessant mechanical noise above my head which sounded like a boiler or something. This could not be explained by the staff.
On the plus side,the staff were pleasant, all local and mature enough to be in the hospitality trade.
Breakfast was excellent on choice and quantity.
They also allowed my son to use the pool in the morning even though this was not part of the allocated time, as it was quiet.

Room Tip: Avoid 501 due to noise
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
GuestRelations2013, Guest Relations Executive at De Vere Horwood Estate, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for your taking the time to review your recent stay with us, however I am disappointed that there were certain aspects that may have marred your stay with us and I can assure you that this is not the norm for the level of high service that our guests come to expect from Horwood House. I have passed on your comments with regards to your room to our Head Housekeeper who has assured me that she will be reviewing our room checking procedures to ensure that this situation does not happen in the future and our Maintenance Manager will be informed with regards to the noise that you heard to make sure that our boiler system is working correctly. We have duty managers available day or night who would have been more than happy to help with the room issues that arose and would have been able to allocate another room should you have wished.
I am delighted that you found our staff to be friendly and pleasant and that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet selection.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to Horwood House in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Only stayed for one night, the room and bthroom were very clean and all linen excellent. I had to leave very early on Saturday morning so I used the express check out which worked well.
It is not cheap and to get full value, you need to spend time and use the spa etc.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
GuestRelations2013, Guest Realtions Executive at De Vere Horwood Estate, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Horwood House, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and found our facilities to be clean and of a high standard. I am also delighted to hear that you were able to use our express check out facility and found this to be a helpful service for an early check out. We look forward to welcoming you back to Horwood House in the future, so that you can take full advantage of all our facilities that we have to offer.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend I really enjoyed our stay here. The staff were excellent, really friendly & welcoming. We had booked a double room & when we arrived were a little disappointed with the size, we asked reception if all the rooms were the same size & were offered a larger room, although the receptionist had warned us it wasn't as newly decorated. As we were not too fussed about the decoration we gladly accepted the room with the king size bed.

Stayed one night, would definitely go back, we did not eat at the hotel although the food did look nice.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that the service you received was of an excellent standard. I am glad that reception were able to allocate you a larger room and this helped to ensure that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Horwood House in the future.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

A lovely hotel in a beautiful location. Staff were extremely helpful, the bars and restaurant were first class and the rooms were comfortable. All for a very reasonable price.
Could have happily stayed longer than 3 nights and will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: March 2013
GuestRelations2013, Guest Relations Executive at De Vere Horwood Estate, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Horwood House, I am delighted that you had such a pleasant stay and we exceeded all expectations. We have a dedicated team that work extremely hard to ensure that all our guests receive the highest level of service and they will be glad to hear how their hard work has paid off and helped to ensure that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Once again I would like to thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Horwood House in the future

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay at Horwood House. From the moment we arrived the staff could not have been more helpful. The room was spacious and well furnished, the only issue was the hot water in the shower took a while to come through but then was fine.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations2013, Guest Relations Executive at De Vere Horwood Estate, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that your recent stay at Horwood House exceeded your expectations.
The management team and front of house staff work extremely hard to ensure that all our guests receive the highest level of customer service and they will be very pleased to hear how their hard work and dedication helped to ensure that you stay here was a positive and enjoyable one.
Thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Horwood House in the future.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Was dreading coming to this hotel after reading the reviews but after arrived I was astonished. Cannot fault the place at all. The staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful on arrival. My room was a standard size , comfortable clean bed, decent quality LCD TV and a powerful shower with hot water.

Food was good and restaurant staff even better. Afterwards I had a couple of drinks at the bar and relaxed in the sauna. Never before have I encountered an instance where trip advisor has been incorrect, but I honestly have to say this place is fantastic.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Adam J
GuestRelations2013, Guest Relations Executive at De Vere Horwood Estate, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted to hear that Horwood House exceeded all expectations on your recent visit and that our front of house staff were friendly and helpful on your arrival and that the whole of your experience here was such a positive one.
I shall pass on your feedback to our dedicated staff who work extremely hard to ensure our guests receive the highest level of service.
Thank you for once again for taking the time to provide your positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Horwood House in the future.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Executive rooms very clean and comfortable;restaurant service and food of a very good standard.Errors with bill quickly rectified by charming and helpful receptionists.A lovely setting for a n enjoyable stay.A large rambling building but plan given on arrival makes everything easy to find.
Glad that we ignored adverse reviews!

Room Tip: Choose a room near to the restaurant or spa for easy access to facilities.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
GuestRelations2013, Guest Relations Executive at De Vere Horwood Estate, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that you experienced such an enjoyable stay here at Horwood House.
All staff here at Horwood House work extremely hard to ensure that all our guests receive the highest standard of service and will be pleased to hear how their dedication and hard work has been appreciated.
Thank you once again for your valued feedback and we hope that we can welcome you back to Horwood House in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Little Horwood
Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel
Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill
Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill
#3 of 35 in Milton Keynes

Been to De Vere Horwood Estate? Share your experiences!