I was involved in a training event and this was my first visit to this hotel. The approach up a long drive is very attractive - but what a strange hotel this is! The original old house is beautiful but it has a series of ugly extensions and it rather labyrinthine - you need to leave a trail of breadcrumbs to find your way round (as several of my fellow guests commented to me!). It feels more like a training centre than a country house hotel - if I had booked the hotel for a special occasion I would have been rather disappointed. The welcome at reception was ok - not overly warm but not unfriendly either. I was surprised to see people at reception watch me through a window struggle across the forecourt with a wonky case, bag and briefcase but not open the door for me to help me come in. I liked my room (255) - it was quite small but well appointed with a comfortable bed and small study area with desk and chair adjacent to the bathroom. However, I was less happy when I realised how poor the soundproofing was to the corridor - a company was having their Christmas night out and I was awoken by drunken revellers at 12.30, 1.10, 1.50, 2.10, 2.30, 2.50 and 3.30 - although i appreciate that It's not the hotel's fault that these guests behaved so thoughtlessly. The conference facilities team were excellent - responsive, polite and helpful. There was a flashing strip light in the room I was using (Eyre) which I reported at breakfast and was fixed before I started my morning session. The restaurant staff were also very good - friendly and helpful and the food was delicious - a wide choice, fresh and tasty and well presented. The main lounge bar is an attractive space and good quality teas and coffees are always available so you don't need to fix a break time which is very useful. So this is NOT the place for a romantic weekend I would say - but good for a corporate event (like training) if you don't need anywhere too 'swanky' and want good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Vere Horwood Estate combines the best of a period Manor House, set in 38 acres, with the modern facilities of Tempus Bar and Restaurant, extensive meeting and function rooms and 185 bedrooms. Our swimming pool and gym are available for all resident guests to enjoy ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your De Vere Horwood Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horwood House And Leisure Club Hotel Little Horwood
- Horwood Hotel And Leisure
- De Vere Horwood Estate Little Horwood, Buckinghamshire, UK