From the pictures this place looks like a lovely period stately home with spacious rooms . However what you do not see is the accommodation you actually stay in - its a 1990's extension that is a warren of hallways with tiny little bedrooms. After a 10 minute walk down and up stairs through this maze of hallways we eventually found our room which looked like it was a 1990's travel lodge - the walls were different shades of white where they had tried to patch up the walls (unsuccessfully) the tv was also from the 90's like the decor. When we found an exit to get back to the car and could see the outside of the building all you could see was a travel lodge looking extension - not nice!!. All we saw of the stately home was the reception as we could not see any of the rest due to a wedding. We rang reception numerous times to get the codes to use the facilities, however after 30 minutes of ringing I decided to take a wonder down there. 10 minutes of walking I reach an empty reception with a lady behind the desk sorting out room keys. I also went to have a look at the restaurant - which looks very nice, however when looking at the menu and seeing the cheapest thing being a cheese burger at £14 i decided to go out finding a very nice restaurant in Buckingham called Prezzo. So in summery - DO NOT STAY however if you are staying in the area I would deffo recommend Prezzo for a meal - best food I think I have had and for quite a reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Vere Horwood Estate combines the best of a period Manor House, set in 38 acres, with the modern facilities of Tempus Bar and Restaurant, extensive meeting and function rooms and 185 bedrooms. Our swimming pool and gym are available for all resident guests to enjoy ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your De Vere Horwood Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horwood House And Leisure Club Hotel Little Horwood
- Horwood Hotel And Leisure
- De Vere Horwood Estate Little Horwood, Buckinghamshire, UK