“Burns night yummy yummy yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Shoulder Of Mutton - CLOSED

The Shoulder Of Mutton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, International, Gastropub
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Burns night yummy yummy yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

This was our very first burns night dinner at the Shoulder of Mutton and I have been to many such events elsewhere. Impressed or what. Piper to greet us along with the Landladys rep (Ron) who looked dapper. I was in my Kilt and looked better mind you. Hosts were 100% attentive Ron and Sue looked after everyone whilst the landlady Annette was in the Kitchen. The haggis dinner was just awesome we all had a selection of starters I had whiskey cured salmon followed by the Haggis and clapshot.. mega portions. Followed by Clootie Pudding. Everything cooked to perfection. the night continued with traditional speaches and poems and Ron treated us to a singalong. The place was packed a reat treat....Annette should be commended for arranging such a wonderful event with food that just melted in your mouth full of flavour and taste.

1 Thank wazza2770

London, United Kingdom
“Sunday lunch your nan would be proud of!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Ironically we were down Milton Keynes way visiting my nan and she didn't feel up to cooking.
we stumbled across this wonderful haven of eclecticism on route and decided to return for lunch. The landlady was so welcoming even though we had not booked and found a table for the 6 of us after only a short wait. The pub itself was heaving with diners and locals alike and the atmosphere was just lovely. A roaring fire and a good selection of real ales only added to the experience!
They had roast or main menu available so the kids opted for the stone baked pizzas and there wasn't much left when they had done.
I have to say it was one of the best roasts I have ever had (sorry nan) The beef was tender and pink just the way I like it and the giant Yorkshire was to die for! Veggies nice and crunchy and I asked for extra gravy which was delivered with a smile
Somehow we found room for pudding a home made bread and butter pudding swimming in butterscotch sauce and custard and apple and sultana crumble.
In short we will be back.... and would recommend this wonderful old pub to anyone

1 Thank Jack T
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“A great stop for cycle route people (51)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Today we were just walking the cycle route. We stopped here for sunday roast.
I have to say it was not the best I have ever had. The big Yorkshire was a great idea but the veg was over cooked. Really friendly reception and a very nice desert so the main course may have been a blip. The décor was a bit odd too as the Christmas decorations seemed to still be up. We will try again as it was very friendly and the baked camembert was good!

Oldham, United Kingdom
“Sunday roasts are back at the Shoulder”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

What can I say, beef, big Yorkies, super veg and REAL gravy! Great value for money at £8.95 for two courses. My Bread & Butter Pudding was so good, but I couldn't eat it all so I took the rest home in a 'doggy box' and warmed it up for tea!

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Best Burger in the World”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

It's official, this unassuming pub served me the best burger I have ever eaten - and I know a good burger when I have one. Apart from the food the shoulder of mutton was very welcoming and looked great when kitted out for Halloween. We will be making the 75 mile round trip again for sure!