“The best Indian”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have eaten here at least a dozen times since March this year, mostly Sunday lunch buffet but also Sunday evening buffet and Wednesday evening banquet. It is a waitered service at all times. All of the staff are absolutely lovely and make you feel very welcome. The restaurant is spotlessly clean, fresh & air conditioned, the seating is comfortable and it is a very nice relaxed place to be in.

As for the food, well I have eaten in many Indian restaurants up and down the country and I can honestly say that Spice Hut serve the very best. Every dish is fresh, piping hot and has a texture, consistency and depth of flavour that I have not experienced anywhere else and my wife and our friend agree too. The food is all of exceptional quality and at buffet & banquet prices represents phenomenal value for money. On the Wednesday evening banquet you order from the main menu.

So I hear you ask, is it really that good, well when I tell you that we live 27 miles away and go as often as we can around my shift work, then yes as it more than worth every penny and every second of the journey too.

I am a very fussy vegetarian,very hard to please with any cuisine but no problem here. My personal favourite is a vegetable Dhansak with no mushrooms, with a pineapple rice, my wife likes to order something different each time and our friend is addicted to their chicken tikka masala.

In summary, great people, great place, great food, exceptional value and I cannot praise them highly enough.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (124)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The staff were mostly pleasant, the restaurant was very nice, clean and good Indian decor. The food was nice but not the best in the area as it was cheap meat and a bit greasy for my liking.

Reviewed August 6, 2019

This is a very good Indian restaurant, good value for money. Good portion sizes. The food is very tasty. My favourite is the starter king prawn on purée. I am really fussy about meat at Indian restaurants but the chicken is breast meat, and the lamb very tender. The service excellent. Really worth a try, if like me you like authentic fresh Indian food then you will keep going back.

Reviewed June 24, 2019 via mobile

This curry house is in such a random (and not great) location but that shouldn't let it stop you visiting. It is so good! It's a large and clean restaurant. All the staff are so happy and friendly. The food is delicious, reasonably priced and good portion sizes.. Sunday buffet, 9.95 before 5 and 12.95 after. Starter, main, side, rice or naan, coffee or ice cream!!!!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

Coming from Buckingham, I am not spoiled for choice with Indian restaurants but the reviews deserved a look at this place. We went on a Wednesday without knowing about the offer and were pleasantly surprised by a mainly full restaurant.

Then the stunning food came - tasty, spicy yet full of flavour - fresh hot and filling. Better still was the attentive service from the staff - all of who were great guys.

I liked it so much I came back two days later for a takeaway. This is my new local favourite. See you soon!

Date of visit: June 2019