“Just don't”

Milton Keynes Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Deanshanger
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Now, you are probably doing one of two things.
You are either looking at Trip Advisor and wondering if anything could be this bad (and take it from me, the answer is 'yes'), or you are like me, sitting in this hotel wondering why the heck you didn't check it out before hand (in which case, let's both learn from this mistake).
In reality the hotel is miles out of Milton Keynes, situated between a car wash and an empty industrial building and at the back, it overlooks a hedgerow that appears to be a dumping ground for fly tippers.
On arrival we were met by a man in shorts and t-shirt who gave us our key and we moved with some trepidation to our room.
The bedding is a delightful shade of grey and has numerous small holes and stains, while the room has an underlying smell of stale tobacco. Everything others have said about the plumbing is true but you do get exercise in the shower alternately running around to try to get wet while avoiding the burning temperature of the water. The loos are an equally useful means of building your strength up - multiple flushes are required to empty the toilet bowl!
Yes we have a tv that works but don't expect HD. I haven't had the courage to ask for a password for wifi.
Sadly, MK appears to booked up tonight (although I am not sure why anyone visits Milton Keynes) so sadly we can't escape and find somewhere else to stay but under the hedgerow looks relatively appealing at the moment so maybe that is where we will head.
But joking apart, I hope the owners look at these reviews and take them very seriously as this type of operation is just not good enough at any price.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JohnDH

Reviewed February 6, 2013

No hot water( used a kettle to get hot water), broken bed, unclean bathroom, terrible service, door to room didn't lock, very cold and had a damp smell !! Many customers where up and down to complain about different things! DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL the only plus was the receptionist gave us a few beers on the house! But it wasn't enough I wanted my money back! I wouldn't even pay £10 a night!!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Kirky0
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Just returned from a really disappointing stay at this hotel. We were attending a friends wedding over the road so thought we would book into this hotel as a cheaper option for- £50 for the night seemed reasonable. When arriving into our room, we were greeted by a slice of half eaten pizza still on the room floor proving it had not been thoroughly cleaned prior to our arrival. The bed was the most uncomfortable thing I have every slept on and the bathroom was disgusting. Very overpriced at £50- would never return

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hmiller99
Reviewed October 9, 2012

What ever you do do not book this hotel. We went for my boyfriends birthday as he was going to Silverstone races. It is not even as near as advertised to Silverstone. When we asked when the restaurant would be open we got told it wouldn't as the boss had gone to Prayer evening. They offered a take out menu to our horror. We had to book another Hotel as we wanted a sit down meal in a Restaurant. They would not refund the money for the room. Their customer service is shameful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Very little to add to previous reviews and doesn't really deserve more than a list: Several lights not working, large hole in the wall, bedroom card didn't work so they had to provide a key, shower a dribble, nigh on impossible to flush the toilet, TV didn't work, WiFi didn't work, towels thin & grey, bed linen old but clean (!), bed lumpy, room freezing, sound proofing non existent. If we'd had a choice, we would have gone elsewhere.

Just don't do it - the whole place is grubby.

Room Tip: Anywhere else!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here on Saturday night as we were visiting family in the area. This dank, out-dated building was a less than warm welcome. Scattered chairs, broken gas bottles and a falling down arboretum is impressively placed on the front lawn.

In reception, an agonisingly long wait for the man with broken english to finally understand our names. The hotel bar was about the only thing that looked well looked after - in that it had more alcohol crammed in one cupboard than I've ever seen in my life, but I wouldn't have a drink in there if you paid me. Pop music blarred out of a make-shift bar area and a nicely drunk man (who we later saw walking barefoot down the motorway next to the hotel) stumbled out into the reception area.

The room - horrific. Our pictures show that the ground floor room that looked out onto the car park. The windows to the room - had no locks, or the locks that had half-heartedly been put there - were broken. Thank god I was not a lone female guest as the safety aspect is appalling.

We left quickly to spend the evening with the family, returned at 2:30am (trying to minimise the amount of time we spent in that place) and then left at 10am the next day. Just awful, please please go to the Travelodge down the road.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2012

3 members of staff, £80/ night, a bar man who doesn't know how to open a wine bottle, need I say any more?....

The tv doesn't work, the bed is [--], the shower is a dribble, the manager tried to add drinks I've paid for to the bill, the menu is a take-away, the toilet leaks. It's making me grumpy!

Just go somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deanshanger
The Saracens Head Hotel
Best Western Buckingham Hotel
Whittlebury Hall
Whittlebury Hall
#3 of 3 in Towcester

Been to Milton Keynes Hotel? Share your experiences!