“Pleasant mooch around Aspley Guise”

Best Western Moore Place Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aspley Guise
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We enjoyed a relaxing night away despite the rain. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful and apart from a sticking bathroom door and an uninspiring view the room was comfortable and clean. We visited the local pub (The Anchor) and an excellent Thai restaurant (Blue Orchid joint also with an Indian restaurant) which were both very close by. After a tasty breakfast (cooked to order plus buffet) we had a lovely mooch around the local countryside. I recommend this hotel for a pleasant night away.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Edward H, General Manager at Best Western Moore Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us at Moore Place Hotel and I am glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I booked for two nights away from children for my husband's birthday. Close location to Bletchley Park which was part of the plan. Room comfy and clean. Staff all very friendly. Did not eat in evening as husband is veggie and the choice limited, although we did not ask so possibly they would of russled up something other than the menu choice. Would return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review following your stay at Moore Place Hotel and I am glad to see you had an enjoyable time for your husbands birthday.

I look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I booked this hotel with my girlfriend for a weekend break. The hotel itself is a little dated but has plenty of character. The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful. I have to admit I was a little disappointed with the room since it didn't really look like the ones in the pictures (We stayed in Room 43). I had booked a "Club Double" room which is apparently a rather large room with nice bathroom. I'm pretty sure we were put in a standard double room and although it was still comfortable and clean, I don't like making a fuss about these things. The bed was comfortable and the shower water pressure and consistent temperature was lovely and the general feel of the room was adequate.

The hotel offers free WiFi throughout the building but I found it to be all but useless. The connection kept dropping not only in our hotel room but also in the bar area. Also although it had a fair sized flat screen TV, the reception at certain times made watching TV tedious with constant loss of signal. This tended to happen a lot early in the morning and seemed to be fine later at night.

The surrounding areas are absolutely gorgeous and somewhat affluent. Woburn is definitely recommended. There are lots of very nice restaurants and old pubs to check out. All the locals seemed very friendly and the entire surrounding areas just felt very welcoming and helpful and there are lots of attractions nearby.

If you're going to travel in to the nearby towns, if you ask for a number for a taxi at reception, I don't recommend MK Cabs. We were charged £8 to travel around 0.7 miles at around 8PM. To me that is very steep but of course that isn't the hotel's fault, just a pointer. If you're planning on just staying in the tiny village itself, the Curry/Thai restaurant next door to the hotel does very nice food indeed and there is a local pub across the road which was very friendly and cosy.

All in all, I found my stay very enjoyable, the hotel itself was nice, not amazing, but other than being downgraded to a smaller room I have no real complaints since we were there for a weekend break and not business.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Edward H, General Manager at Best Western Moore Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Moore Place Hotel. I am sorry that the room did not match your expectations but I can assure you that you were in a Club Double room and these are larger than our standard doubles. We do have larger rooms than these, located both within the Manor House the Cottage. Thank you for raising your issues with the TV and Wifi and I will ensure these are rectified.

Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Moore Place in the future.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at Moore Place for a Murder mystery weekend and I must what a brilliant weekend it was. The Hotel was excellent and the staff were very friendly and helpful.We had afternoon tea and evening meal both of which were superb. The rooms were first class and spotless. I would recommend this hotel. We intend booking again for next year.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Edward H, General Manager at Best Western Moore Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us at the Murder Mystery weekend and I will ensure your comments are passed on to the team and I look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I've stayed here several times but recently returned after a five year gap. I'm pleased to say that the hotel is still as good value as ever. I paid £65 room only for a very large twin room with large TV, nicely appointed bathroom, desk and a very nice balcony overlooking the duck pond and waterfall. Ask for room 40! I didn't eat at the hotel but there's a very good Thai restaurant next door: The Blue Orchid. Hotel is peaceful and quiet in the village of Aspley Guise, just off the M1 and very close to Milton Keynes and Bedford and only about 50 miles North of London.
Downsides: The bar is soulless and the wi-fi reception in the bedrooms is woeful. If you need to work and log on don't rely on the wi-fi. I had to sit in the lounge area to get anything like a reasonable connection.

Room Tip: Ask for room 40. It's a large room with a balcony!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Moore Place, and I am glad to welcome you back after your 5 year gape and I do hope that you will not leave it so long next time to visit us. Thank you for your comments regarding the wifi and the bar and I will certainly see what can be done to rectify these.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at Moor place with friends to participate in a murder mystery week-end which we had booked and I can honestly say that from arrival at the hotel to checking out we were looked after very well. The receptionist was efficient and very friendly, we had four single room booked which it seems were, initially in different parts of the hotel, she quickly re-arranged this so we were all together, check in was a very quick process and the staff were helpful when we asked for directions into town as were all unfamiliar with the area. The rooms were spotlessly clean, we had all been allocated double rooms, the rooms are bright, well appointed and the beds are incredibly comfortable. During the afternoon the first session of our murder mystery got underway and the hotel had provided us with a lovely buffet, the evening meal was excellent and the staff very attentive, this was an ongoing theme during our stay, breakfast was plentiful with lots of choice. The hotel was fully booked during our stay there but at no time was service compromised because of this, would certainly stay again and would recommend to others.

Room Tip: As a group we were in the annexe of the hotel, its just across from the main building divided by the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Edward H, General Manager at Best Western Moore Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your experience of your recent stay with us at Moore Place. I will ensure your comments are passed on to the team and I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed at Moore Place with our dog. The hotel receptionist was very welcoming and we were given a huge room. The room was spotlessly clean and ideal for our dog. Only paid £25 for a Friday night stay and cannot believe value for money. I would recommend hotel to anyone visiting Woburn, Bedfordshire or Milton Keynes.

Room Tip: There was not a pool or fitness centre. Ask for room away from road although in a village still a l...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and for your kind comments. I am glad you found the hotel to your liking and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aspley Guise
The Bell Hotel & Inn
The Bell Hotel & Inn
#3 of 3 in Woburn
Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes

Been to Best Western Moore Place Hotel? Share your experiences!