“Excellent value Friday night”

Best Western Moore Place Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aspley Guise
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed at Moore Place with our dog. The hotel receptionist was very welcoming and we were given a huge room. The room was spotlessly clean and ideal for our dog. Only paid £25 for a Friday night stay and cannot believe value for money. I would recommend hotel to anyone visiting Woburn, Bedfordshire or Milton Keynes.

Room Tip: There was not a pool or fitness centre. Ask for room away from road although in a village still a l...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Edward H, General Manager at Best Western Moore Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and for your kind comments. I am glad you found the hotel to your liking and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Moore Place Hotel

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights friday and saturday. Breakfast on saturday morning was great, very relaxed, attentive staff well stocked breakfast. Unfortunately we had been awoken by the fire alarm early that morning. Saturday night there was a large birthday party in the hotel. Some guests did not care about the lateness of the hour when coming to bed and felt the need to knock on a number of doors up and down the corridor. At 6.30 am the fire alarm went off for the second morning in a row. We subsequently found out that one of the guests had removed the fire alarm from the ceiling in their room which had activated the alarm. The breakfast on sunday was badly organised and poorly stocked for the number of guests in the hotel. This detracted from the overall stay at the hotel, which would have otherwise been an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: October 2012
Edward H, General Manager at Best Western Moore Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at Moore Place Hotel. I apologise for the inconvenience caused by some of the guests at night and also for the disruption caused with the Fire Alarms following them being tampered with. In light of your comments regarding Sunday morning breakfast I will ensure that as a Management team we review this and correct where appropriate.

Once again thank you for your time and I look forward to welcoming you back to Moore Place in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were greeted very warmly on arrival by the Portuguese receptionist who made us feel very welcome guests. Our room, on the first floor, was up a couple of flights of stairs (bit tricky with the suitcase) - I assume there was no lift? The room itself was very tastefully furnished and decorated with plenty of storage for clothes etc. Bed was comfy. Bathroom was pretty standard but everything clean and in full working order. Very nice to have a powerful shower as opposed to a drip or two of water. The only downside to the room was the temperature - put the radiators on and it was nice and cosy but then it got really warm and we couldn't turn them down. No issues with noise but then again it wasn't that busy with guests during our stay.

At all times, all the staff were very pleasant and did their utmost to provide a good service. Breakfast was excellent - a huge choice of both hot and cold items. We chose to dine at the hotel on the Saturday night but this turned out to be somewhat of a disappointment. We didn't realise and unfortunately had not been told when we made our reservation that a private party had the exclusive use of the restaurant which meant that we ended up in one of the upstairs rooms. This was a bizarre experience! Very cold, no atmosphere and not what we had hoped based on our experiences so far. In the end we only had a main course as the other guests had told us they had to wait a really long time for their meals, particularly desserts. The priority seemed to be the party (which is understandable) but I wished the staff had advised us of this as we would have eaten elsewhere. The following night we went to the Wavendon Arms which I highly recommend (about 5-10 minute drive away).

All in all an enjoyable stay for what we paid and my top tip is book breakfast in advance when you book your stay.

This was a birthday surprise weekend away and I wasn't disappointed with the choice of hotel which my partner had booked.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Poppy2310_10

Thank you very much for taking the time to wrote a review following your stay at Moore Place Hotel. I will pass on you comments to Sandro the Receptionist who checked you in and to the the rest of the staff in general. I also take on board the comments relating to dinner and will endeavor to improve our offering.

Once again thank you for your comments an I look forward to welcoming you back to Moore Place in the future.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was my third stay at this hotel so i think i can now give a balanced review,
This is our companys 2nd choice hotel in MK.i have stayed in all three parts of the hotel ,main,apartments and the annexe,
The hotels rooms are very dated and do need some TLC and some bleach down the toilet
I had the pleasure of room 55 recently which is a cross between sleeping next to a harrier jump jet and a tornado at full blast
Staff either cant be bothered to serve you or are more interested in what colour their hair is today.
Breakfast is ok but has really gone down hill in the past 12 months as this was its best feature..
I am sure we will see a counter comment from the hotel saying how sad they are about my disssapointing expirience,but the best way is to vote with your feet,
I have stopped my company placing anyone in this hotel .

Room Tip: Avoid the annexe
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank crickets12345
Edward H, General Manager at Best Western Moore Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on recent stays at Moore Place. I am disappointed to hear your comments as I do not believe that this is reflective of the standard of bedrooms or staff at the hotel and would be happy to discuss these points with you if you wish to contact me directly.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed recently as a party of 12 celebrating my parents diamond wedding and had a fabulous time. From the moment we booked the staff went out of their way to ensure it was a great success; from ensuring we knew where we would be dining (the restaurant had a wedding going on - this caused us no problems at all) ensuring my parents had a room that would minimise the walking they had to do and handling a surprise celebration cake.
Any tiny errors were more than made up for by the attitude of the staff to ensure that they did everything to make our stay a good and enjoyable one - they succeeded!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay Moore Place and I am glad we were able to make the Diamond Wedding such a success. I will ensure your comments are passed on to the team who I know will appreciate it. Once again many thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

have been meaning to review this for a while, stayed earlier in the year and had a thoroughly relaxing 2 night stay here. have to say the breakfasts were absolutely fabulous, the table service was very good and all of the choices that were also laid out, fruit baskets, rolls and croissants, all very appealing. we had no issues with our comfortable room, very clean and spacious and lots of freebie toiletries which is always a nice touch, as well as tea, coffee, and hot chocolate.

nice circular walk around the little village which starts and finishes near the pub across the road.

all in all very relaxing saturday and sunday.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Edward H, General Manager at Best Western Moore Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Moore Place Hotel and I am glad you found your time so relaxing. I look forward to being able to welcome you back to us again in the future.

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

The Good:
*Room decoration lovely. Fresh & clean
*Reception staff great
*Shower lovely & powerful
*Restaurant decoration great
*Breakfast selection perfect
*Great parking
*We had a do not disturb sign on the door so they left a bag with clean towels, toiletries, tea, coffee etc - Thought this was a fab touch

The Bad:
*Hallways a little outdated & tired

The Ugly
Nothing!

Good value, comfortable & pleasant hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your stay with us at Moore Place Hotel and I am glad you enjoyed your time here. I look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aspley Guise
#15 of 35 in Milton Keynes
The Bell Hotel & Inn
The Bell Hotel & Inn
#3 of 3 in Woburn

Been to Best Western Moore Place Hotel? Share your experiences!