“A GOOD STAY NEAR A HISTORICAL PLACE”

Royal Orchid Central Kireeti
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Hospet
Bengaluru, India
“A GOOD STAY NEAR A HISTORICAL PLACE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

A good place to stay near this historical place - Hampi. Both wings were good. Neatness and Cleanliness all around. The surrounding environment is also good and noise free. A large pool which both Adults & Children can enjoy. Anybody going there, I recommend you go here.

Room Tip: Rear wing maybe (looks) older but I felt they were spacious compared to the front ones.
1 Thank SWABHANU
ROC-Kireeti, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central Kireeti, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Mr. Swabhanu

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti – Hospet!!!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. It is a great privilege for team Royal Orchid Central Kireeti, Hospet to have you with us during your recent visit.
We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our hotel ,

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback .

Looking forward to have another chance to serve you and your family.

Sanjay Jha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Polish first
Bangalore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

There are lot of good thing about this hotel, and few bad things. I stayed from 28th Dec (Sat) to 31st Dec (Tue)

Good things to share...
1. Very good location in terms of nearness to Hampi and the ruins. Just 15 kms to the Hampi Ruins and one of the closest hotel to the location.
2. Modern and clean rooms
3. Friendly room staffs
4. Vallet parking service
5. We had our breakfast for 3 days and dinner for 3 nights at this hotel. We had small kids - 6 years and 9 years. The food was tasty and good.

Now the not so good things...
1. Check-in was not so smooth:
We were first alloted room no: 309 and the key did not work. Later we had to request one of the staffs to help us. He had to run around a few times unsuccessfully. Later he changed us to room no 316.

2. Restaurant management was poor:
I stayed for 3 nights from 28th to 31st December with my wife and 2 kids (9 yr and 6r old). The hotel was crowded due to the vacation time. The restaurant staffs were not able to manage the crowd. One of the staffs Mr. Ravi Kumar (at the counter) was very rude and I was so upset about the body language. We were 4 people and there were many 6 seater tables that were free. I requested him a 6 seater table as there was only one 4 seater table that was right next to the billing counter. He refused and started abusing in Kannada. WIth my little knowledge of Kannada and his body lanugage, I could only understand that he was abusing. Or may be I'm wrong but that is what is the sense I got from this persons behaviour. In fact most of the guests just walked in and took the seat that they wanted, they didn't even request for a table at the counter. Probably being polite enough to request a table was my mistake.

There were just 2 people who took a 6 seater, and another group of 4 people who took a 6 seater. And after completing our dinner the restaurant still had about 3 or 4 unoccupied tables. I pointed this to Mr. Ravi and gave him a feedback that next time he better gets the details of occupancy rate of the hotel so that in case a guest wanted a different table they have the data to allocate or not allocate. But still they have the data. But he was not bothered to take this progressive feedback. He said that he did was he was asked to do and started staring at my family for the next 30-40 minutes. It was late in the evening on an unknown place after a day long sight seeing. Being very tired, we thought to just complete what we ordered and go to bed.

Others serving staffs were bit helpful. I noticed that only one or two people were running around more than half a dozen tables while 4-5 staffs were near the computer at entrance just watching their colleagues run around!

I spoke to Mr. Sujit and Mr. Yogesh who are the managers and shared this concern to them. They assured they would improve it next time. I appreciate Mr. Sujit (the floor manager)who gave his ears to understand my concern over phone. But here as well I got two conflicting words from different staffs of the hotel. One staff at the reception said he is available, and otherone said he is not available.

3. Frequent power cuts: But I have to add that the backup came up pretty quick - less than 2 minutes. The only times this is very dangerous is when you are on the lifts or in the bathrooms. Be a little watchful when your kids are on the lifts or in the bathrooms.

Room Tip: - Rooms on the first floor are good with Swimming pool view, but it may be bit noisy at times especi...
Dear Mr. Siva,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti

Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor. Your encouraging word for the hotel is indeed a pleasure for us at the same time I am most concerned to learn your displeasure towards our hotel cashier and I have counciled him for the same , Please accept my sincere apologies on his behalf . We will put our best effort to train the staff in handling such situation.
Guest feedback is very important for us for continuous improvement we assure you that you will find much trained team members during your next visit.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback .

Looking forward to have another chance to serve you and your family.

Sanjay
Ponda, 403401, Goa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Excellent Property, nice & prompt services, enough car parking area. Good cleanliness maintained all across.
Food not up to the mark especially dinner, could be better and require improvements.
Breakfast spread has been excellent and great choices of dishes.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

ROC-Kireeti, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central Kireeti, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Mr. Devendra

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti , Hospet.

Thank you for taking time to write this review. We are happy to read that your recent stay with us was a Good.

We have taken note of improving the Dinner Buffet put forward by you . I can assure you that the same is being looked into.

Guest feedback and suggestions help us to better our services and provide exceptional guest experiences. We do hope that you will choose to visit Royal Orchid Central Kireeti in the near future to see the improvements brought about by your constructive feedback..

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you at Royal Orchid Central Kireeti and delighting you as always.

Warm regards,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Royal Orchid is located in Hospet - 11 Kms from Hampi.
Travel time to Hampi around 40 mins from the Hotel.

I had booked a delux room and a Suite. Quite spacious and well equipped.
The suite is pretty big and family of 4 can stay comfortably - pictures attached are of the Suite. Its has 2 bathrooms and 2 televisions!

The hotel and rooms are clean.

The wait time to get a room in spite of advance booking was about 2 hours. The rooms were not clean and ready when we arrived.

There is only one coffee shop that serves multi-cuisine (Indian, Chinese, Pastas etc).
While the food is average in taste, the service is very slow. So, a simple order will take you a 45-60 mins of wait time. So, plan for it.

There is an outdoor swimming pool - as I did not use it, no comments on it.

As most of the time was spent in exploring the Hampi ruins, the stay was good.

1 Thank ps090

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti – Hospet!!!

Thank you for taking time to write this review. It is with great concern that we have noted the issues put forward by you in your review. .

We have taken note of all the issues put forward by you and have brought them to the notice of the concerned departmental heads. I can assure you that the same is being looked into.

Sorry for making you to wait for long as our check in time is 1200 hrs and we are always happy in accommodating early check in provided we have the Rooms ready for that.

The information about the location of the hotel will be great help for other guests to explore Hampi, Thanks a lot for that.

Looking forward to have another opportunity to serve you and your family.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

This hotel looks attractive and cozy ,but unfortunately we were not that happy about the stay. We just stayed for a day. The rooms were neat and clean. But the bathroom was a bit too congested(maybe coz of the room structure). There was just one restaurant down and looked quite full .(Seating capacity can be increased) The breakfast being continental could have been much better with a lot more varieties.The pool area was beautiful. Staff was helpful.
We had a garden dinner which was one best decision of Royal orchid.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ROC-Kireeti, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central Kireeti, responded to this review, December 30, 2013

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti – Hospet!!!

Thank you for taking time to write this review.

Please accept the apologies from me and my team for not being able to deliver the services as per our standard.

Look forward to have another opportunity to welcome you and your guest at our hotel.

Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very close to railway station and walkable distance from there. The room is clean but service is very slow and unreliable. Food is not good as well. It will be better hotel if these improves.
Room cleaning had not finished when we arrived at 16:00. We need to remind them to clean room three times and took 1hour for them to send someone.
Food also need to be improved.
All operation is not digital. WiFi number is manually allocated by paper work.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti – Hospet!!!

Thank you for taking time to write this review.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stayed in Royal Orchid from Dec 25th to Dec 28th with my Family. I had gone there with two other friend and their family. The Rooms are spacious and clean. It has an outdoor Swimming pool.

The hotel Travel desk provided us with cars for local site seeing. I was pleasantly surprised to see the quality of car provided on short Notice.

Only thing i had an issue with the service at breakfast and dinner. They are very short staffed and unable to cope with the crowd. It took them a long time to replenish food on buffet counters. Quality of food was average.

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti – Hospet!!!

Thank you for taking time to write this review. It is with great concern that we have noted the issues put forward by you in your review. It seems that we were unable to deliver our usual high standards of service, and please accept the apologies from me and my team for the same.

Sanjay Jha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hospet
Hotel Malligi
Hotel Priyadarshini Classic
Orange County Hampi
Orange County Hampi
#1 of 1 in Kamalapur

Been to Royal Orchid Central Kireeti? Share your experiences!