We had a fairly poor experience at Vijayshree Heritage Village over the Christmas weekend.
We were 4 adults and 2 kids and had rented 2 rooms/ kutiyas which included breakfast, traditional welcome and welcome drink, access to the village fair etc.
The property is beautiful, rooms clean and large but the service was terrible.
Starting with check in when no one welcomed us or answered our questions, to poor service at the restaurant ( my friend had to go to the main kitchen finally to get rice), to lack of house keeping, to no goft cart service to the rooms after dinner ( rooms are a fair bit of walk with 2 toddlers in tow), to really bad service at breakfast.
Couple of other people at check out complained about the same lack of service.
Maybe in non peak times, the breakfast would be warm ( if not hot), you wouldn't have to sit for dinner with a bunch of people standing behind you waiting you to finish so they can eat, or rooms will be cleaned and room service delivered in reasonable time.
The management gave us 20% discount since we complained but I don't think I will want to stay here again.
Mallige seemed like a better option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vijayshree Resort & Heritage Village warmly welcomes you to Hampi - a World Heritage Site with a history that dates back to the Ramayan era.Located on the famed Goa-Bangalore tourist circuit, Vijayshree Resort and Heritage Village is truly a one-of-its-kind property set up in twenty acres of hill-fenced expanse. Vijayshree is now the new interpretation of superior Indian hospitality.Our forty-three cottages nestled amid 60,000 planted trees make for an invigorating experience. Lose yourself in the verdant settings and leave the humdrum of city life far, far away.At a perfect platform to explore the rich culture and history of Hampi, Vijayshree Resort and Heritage Village also has every imaginable amenity to help your mind and body unwind. We have planned this resort around the philosophy of Pancha Bhoota - the five elements comprising earth, fire, wind, water and sky.Unlike conventional resorts, Vijayshree Resort and Heritage Village puts you in touch with the Satvik Indian lifestyle, with absolutely no room for smoking and alcohol consumption - endorsing a pure vegetarian diet.What’s more, you also get to explore our Heritage Theme Village next door, where rural India comes alive every day. Get ready to explore the history with a dose of tranquility and luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Vijayshree Resort & Heritage Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vijayshree Heritage Village Hotel Hospet
- Vijayshree Resort & Heritage Village Hospet, Karnataka