We stayed here for 3 nights in January 2012 whilst visiting Hampi from Goa. The grounds are very nice but our room was very average for £76 per night! We expected a bit of luxury but the room, apart from a nice decorative ceiling was only average. We had twin beds and I had to climb over the base as there was no room around one bed! Compared to an English Travel Lodge or Premier Inn it was below par and twice the price. No coffee making facilities, no hair dryer, the mini bar only had water. The shower was super but soaked the entire bathroom. With the drain on the opposite side the whole room flooded so you ended up paddling in water if you needed the loo after showering!
We were not told when booking that the hotel was vegatarian (almost vegan!) so most dishes were paneer based and not to our liking so the menu was very limited. There is nothing on their site to say it is!
The hotel also does not serve alcahol! We knew it was a dry state but usualy you can get a drink in hotels. Luckily we bought brandy & gin with us but the hotel did not even have coke (of any type) or tonic. In the end they sent someone to buy some but only came back with coke.
There are better hotels in Hospet as friends have stayed there. Vijayshree say they are 2 miles from Hampi which is true but it is 7 miles from the ruins.
They advertise a free pick up to and from Hospet station but we could not contact them on our arrival so had to get Tut tuts going and was charged 400 rupees by the hotel car on the way back.
I would not reccomend staying there as it is more geared up to Indian business conferances etc. Not up to european standards!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vijayshree Resort & Heritage Village warmly welcomes you to Hampi - a World Heritage Site with a history that dates back to the Ramayan era.Located on the famed Goa-Bangalore tourist circuit, Vijayshree Resort and Heritage Village is truly a one-of-its-kind property set up in twenty acres of hill-fenced expanse. Vijayshree is now the new interpretation of superior Indian hospitality.Our forty-three cottages nestled amid 60,000 planted trees make for an invigorating experience. Lose yourself in the verdant settings and leave the humdrum of city life far, far away.At a perfect platform to explore the rich culture and history of Hampi, Vijayshree Resort and Heritage Village also has every imaginable amenity to help your mind and body unwind. We have planned this resort around the philosophy of Pancha Bhoota - the five elements comprising earth, fire, wind, water and sky.Unlike conventional resorts, Vijayshree Resort and Heritage Village puts you in touch with the Satvik Indian lifestyle, with absolutely no room for smoking and alcohol consumption - endorsing a pure vegetarian diet.What’s more, you also get to explore our Heritage Theme Village next door, where rural India comes alive every day. Get ready to explore the history with a dose of tranquility and luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Vijayshree Resort & Heritage Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vijayshree Heritage Village Hotel Hospet
- Vijayshree Resort & Heritage Village Hospet, Karnataka