“Good place to stay for Hampi break”

Hotel Krishna Palace
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Hospet
Brisbane, Australia
“Good place to stay for Hampi break”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed here for one night after overnight travel from Bangalore, and used it as a base to visit Hampi. When I arrived at 6am my booking was not listed, but as soon as I showed my booking confirmation I was checked in to my room. Was very nice to be able to check in so early, I wasn't expecting it, they have a 24 hours policy, so you need to check out the same time. I asked to checkout at 8am and there was no problem.
The room is clean although not spotless, and the towels were a bit old but clean. The wifi was decent, and the lobby is very nice.
There was a problem with the shower drain in my room, and it was solved quite quickly, although I had to call the cleaners twice to cleanup the mess the handyman left behind.
The restaurant is ok but pretty empty, still better then Hospet which I didn't find too charming.
Room service was nice.
I needed advice from the reception, and they were very helpful and even booked a riksho for me.

Overall, pretty decent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Hadasinu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 21, 2013

As anyone who visits Hospet we came to visit the Hampi ruins, and they are well worth the journey to this rather dusty market city.
Our stay in the Krishna Palace hotel was bit of a bumpy ride. At our checkin there was a discussion about checkout times, a misunderstaning over pre-send traveldocuments, a misunderstanding over a pre booked Hampi tour. The food from the menu is good, the buffets, incuding breakfast, have seen beter days. The staff seems eager enough to be at your service but lacks organization.
To make a long story short it was all a bit troublesome. When we left we had the feeling we were the last guests there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChriMo_015

Travelers are raving about these Hospet hotels

Derbyshire
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We upgraded to this hotel for a tour of Hampi.

The hotel is centrally located in Hospet and has a very grand marble Reception area, with fancy lifts.

It has a pool and fitness room and a nice dining room with very pleasant staff. The food prices were reasonable for a 4* hotel.

Our room was spacious with a 6 foot wide bed, 2 easy chairs, coffee table, desk and chair.
It was very clean with wooden floors.

It had centrally controlled air conditioning, hair dryer, fridge and LCD TV.

The bathroom was clean with large walk-in shower.

I would recommend anyone who is doing an organised tour of Hampi to consider upgrading to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Prettypollycat
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I had previously booked 4 rooms at Hotel Karthik which is right behind this one. Checked out the rooms and instantly refused to stay there, walking out and beginning a search for a new hotel. Since we had a foreigner among us who insisted on getting a good hotel at a reasonable price, we went to Krishna Palace and were surprised at the reasonable pricing for what they offered. Clean rooms, centralised air conditioning, a swimming pool and a gym, albeit not everything in the gym wajs in working condition. Complimentary breakfast buffet and WiFi to close the deal, although again, the WiFi was not that fast. Besides Royal Orchid, I think this is the only hospitable hotel in Hospet.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank santoshgs
Chennai
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Average ambience and room quality. Possible lack of choice in the area drives rates northward ? Breakfast is quite good albeit limited spread. Dining options at nearby Iceland Restaurant are fantastic. The grocery stores nearby are a good source of rural produce for city dwellers.

Room Tip: Rooms near lift would be good
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kalyawn
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed with my wife and 2 kids. The management was helpful in various aspects. Most importantly, the rooms were clean and maintained although it doesn't match with the super luxurious lobby and entrance. The luxurious entrance has a beneficial effect in sense that it wards off backpackers and solo travelers looking for cheap accom. this adds to safety if you have daughters. Also, there was hot water on the tap (which I find very useful when I travel with kids in Winter). All in all, an awesome place if you want to spend comfortable, worryfree time. The restaurant accompanying has decent spread for breakfast and lunch, and also when I spoke to them, they made food taste as per our requests. I would definitely recommend for Families. Amit Kulkarni

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Amit K
Kent
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights as we were going to Hampi. I was very impressed with the hotel and whilst the rooms may not be our version of 5 star, the food certainly was. I had chicken tikka in liquor for evening meal which was really good. I can also recommend the Krishna Palace club chicken sandwich for lunch. The staff were charming and very nice. Hospet is very bustling and has to be seen at night.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ananda777
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hospet
Royal Orchid Central Kireeti
#2 of 6 in Hampi
Hyatt Place Hampi
Hyatt Place Hampi
#1 of 9 in Bellary

Been to Hotel Krishna Palace? Share your experiences!