“Nice place to stay and to get to Hampi”

Hotel Krishna Palace
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Hospet
La Jolla, California
“Nice place to stay and to get to Hampi”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I booked a trip from Goa to Hampi with a driver and overnight accommodation through Unique Tours and Travels. My main goal was to spend time at Hampi. The train was fully booked so took a car and driver and in retrospect am glad I did this as I would not have chosen to stay in Hospet but in Hampi.

This hotel was clean and I felt very safe. As with all things India there are issues - needed to call twice to get a towel for my room, room service you sign the check after you finish the meal. Not huge issues.

The room service menu was very reasonably priced and a good selection. The breakfast was quite ordinary, but there was toast and coffee and was offered eggs so all was good in my world.

They have a nice looking large swimming pool but it was empty so did jot get to use it - it is winter after all, albeit it was very warm.

The manager of the hotel was very helpful and directed me where to choose to go for the Tuesday evening and gave me a map. Sunset Pointe is a great place.

The next morning they gave my driver the names of the best places to see for four hours of sightseeing. If I had more than a day I would have done more walking but with only a few hours each day, having a driver was wonderful.

The room also had a safe - always a good thing and something I was concerned about since needed to take my passport - you need a passport in India for every hotel you check into in India.

The shower was large and had so many shower heads I cannot remember how many, and the water pressure was very good, and plenty of toiletries and bench space.

The mattress was okay - not good, not bad, and I slept fine.

There was no view, well it was over an empty lot with the usual Indian rubble, etc.

A newspaper was delivered to my room in the morning and there is tea and coffee making facilities in the room, and a fridge.

If you have a driver stay at this hotel - would stay again.

Room Tip: I had room 2018 and this was on e second floor. It allowed me to use the stairs and as there were t...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank AussieNarelle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stayed at Krishna Palace for a Hampi vacation (3 rooms for 3 couples). The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly, the food was excellent. I got around to trying the chicken kebabs as the main course for dinner after 2 nights there (the waiters suggest the more traditional entrees) and was blown away ... excellent and under-promoted :-) The rest of the party was vegetarian, and they were also happy with the food (we had breakfast & dinner at the hotel). The friendly attitude of staff made us feel welcome, and they accommodated our requests.

My second stay at this hotel, and it is a good place. They missed getting an "excellent" rating from us because on day-1 one of the rooms had a problem with the bathroom: the shower stall did not drain well. They changed the room and all was well.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
trivandrum
Reviewed March 5, 2011

Krishan palace in Hospet is one of the best hotels I stayed in recent times. To start with very friendly staff, weel furnished and excellent rooms, Restaurant, Lobby Etc. Good room service, timely laundry all I apreciate. Breakfast was excellent but the Non vegetarian dishes for lunch and dinner to improve a lot. Location is very convenient Once again good experience

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank shaibyj
Hyderabad
Reviewed October 20, 2010

Dasera weekend was long enough to plan for a weekend getaway. Hampi was the ideal location for us from Hyderabad. Its a 7 hour decent drive except for the stretch from Bellary to Hospet. We (me, my husband and my 2 year old son) started around 2.30 in the afternoon and our plan was to halt at Bellary for that day and drive to Hampi early next day. Things never go the way we want in an unplanned trip:) We had not booked any rooms. Just the day before travel, we had called up few hotels (based on the internet reviews) to check the availability. We were assured by these hotels that rooms would be available on arrival. On reaching Bellary (at around 8.15 pm), we did not find any good hotels and decided to drive to Hospet and take a room. Krishna Palace was the most ideal hotel for us. On reaching the hotel, first thing we noticed was the staff were very courteous and the place was very welcoming. Rooms are very neat and big. In a small town like Hospet, finding these many facilities is very rare. Bed was very cozy, AC properly functioning, bathroom fittings at its best. Best thing about the hotel is you dont have to bother calling the guys for any help/issues. Everything is already taken care. They clean the rooms everyday even before u ask, give u all the necessary information, staff is well-trained and the food is simply great. We had complimentary breakfast which is a wide spread to choose from (idli, dosas, cornflakes, toasts, juice, upma, fruits, paranthas, muffins, eggs to order). Check-in checkout procedures were very easy and quick. Valet parking available. Pool is small but very clean. Hotel is very calm and peaceful. Overall a relaxed place to be in. Price is a little on the higher side but considering the plus points and negligible minuses, I would definitely suggest this place to all the tourists.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gypsywoman16
Changes
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Upmarket hotel, wants to be luxury but falls someway short.

Rooms and common areas in keeping with what would be expected although poor availability of services like internet connection and hot water.

Staff friendly but clearly inexperienced. Looks better than how it functions.

Serves a purpose if you’re looking for this standard of hotel, but at Rs3180 a night it was not good value.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed April 25, 2010

We stayed a night here after 3 days in Hampi. We splurged so we could access a swimming pool and be close to the station for the train the next morning. It was a good way to end a fascinating but hot and dusty few days looking at the Hampi ruins. Being April it wasn't all that busy. The pool was big and seemed pretty clean. Restaurant was good - the was a Minister staying so there was a dude following him around with a machine gun slung over his back... weird to see in a restaurant! The rooms were pretty nice, bed comfortable etc. No real character, but we weren't really expecting it to have any.

Overall I'd recommend this as a place to stay if you can afford it - it isn't particularly cheap! Personally, I would always choose to stay closer to Hampi itself to avoid the commute. However if you need a pool, or have an early morning train then Hospet is good.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Bangalore
Reviewed March 18, 2010

Hotel Krishna has been a welcome break from the only existing old *** hotel at Hampi . The hotel team goes out of way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The rooms have a beautiful decor , staff is polite and courteous. After the trip at Hampi the dinner by poolside is very relaxing .

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hospet
Hotel Priyadarshini Classic
#3 of 6 in Hampi
Hotel Rock Regency
Hotel Rock Regency
#2 of 9 in Bellary

Been to Hotel Krishna Palace? Share your experiences!