“the food was delicious and the service was simple but very friendly and I would defiantly recommend it” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Relais Gascon

Le Relais Gascon
Ranked #9 of 20 Restaurants in Pontorson
Cuisines: French
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

we had the steak and fries very good. my wife had the confit duck with fried potatoes which was falling off the bone delicious. the ice cream was lovely too and my wife enjoyed the desert too. best restaurant in the town.

Calgary, Canada
“Goods and Bads and the evil eye fish”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

This restaurant was affordable and easy to find, with a cute and modern interior this seemed like an excellent choice..... at first. The menu was only in French so we guessed at our courses as the waitress unfortunately only spoke french and seemed to get frustrated trying to interpret our botched french. Our starters which were a sort of toast with salmon and melted Camembert cheese were very tasty. The main course of scallops was very good but the sole meunière my son ordered was rather plain, just boiled potatoes on the side and no sauce or seasoning. My husband had a mystery fish which gave him the evil eye throughout dinner ( its head was still attached!) then gave a suspected case of food poisoning for the next 24 hours . My son noticed the server cutting bread on a small table right next to the bathroom in the back of the restaurant...ewwwwww!. At the end of the meal, after cappuccino the waitress gave my son a Macaroon cookie- gratis. Overall, dinner was okay but not the superb French seafood meal we were hoping for.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Co. Kilkenny
“Restaurant in Ponterson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

Menu in French but had excellent choice and very tasty. Good value. Recommend the St. Jacques with Provencal sauce.

Visited June 2012
Southampton, Royaume-Uni
“Good place for a quick bite! Honnest, afordable food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

This place was recommended to us by the staff of the hotel where we stayed. It offers honnest, afordable food. I had a wondeful steak tartare and my husband, a sort of turkey stir-fry, which was really good as well. The place is run by a typical french couple : the wife takes care of the survice and the husband does the cooking. They were really friendly If you want a place with a nice atmosphere for a nice tête-à-tête, this is not the place, but it doesn't advertise itself that way either. See it as the french equivalent of a traditional English Pub. It might not have been the greatest of ambiance, but it offers great food and great service at a reasonable price.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“‘Orrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

A real dump.

It's at the back of beyond. Poor old decor. Not attractive. No redeeming features.

OK if you like pizzas.

Wine by the glass should read wine by the thimble.

If you ever see me near there again - kick me.

Visited April 2012