“The hidden jewel of Pontorson”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel de Bretagne - CLOSED

Hotel de Bretagne
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations, Waitstaff
Description: This is the restaurant of the Hotel de Bretagne in Pontorson.
Texas
“The hidden jewel of Pontorson”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

My husband and I were looking for a restaurant in Pontorson after a delightful afternoon at the Mont Saint Michel. Finding Le Bretagne was a strike of good luck and we took full advantage of it. They had a menu including the pre-sale lamb that I was hoping to try while in the region at a very good price. It only got better as we walked in the establishment. We were greeted by the kindest staff, sat at a beautiful table in a dining room where contemporary was blending with traditional breton decor. The food was a delight and so was the service. This is a gastronomique restaurant where full attention is given to details. We discovered herbs and leaves that we had never heard of before and discovered new tastes and textures. We never had to refill our glasses thanks to a very attentive staff.
We almost came to a halt in during our perfect dinner when we found out that tomatoes, which my husband is allergic to, were used in the lamb stew we were looking forward to. The chef saved the day and prepared the lamb for my husband with a different sauce.
The whole experience was simply superb. It was one of our favorite dinners during our french vacation. I highly recommend it.

california
“a touch of class minutes from the Mt St Michel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

Contemporary cuisine, well presented (marinated salmon in black tea with a side sherbet, ...
3 courses menu 42 Euros + wine, there is a cheaper menu of local (breton) specialties
The service is young, cheerful and efficient, some English spoken
The dining room has historical ("classe") wall paneling and food warmer (!)
It is a nice place for dinner when you are visiting the Mont St Michel and want to avoid the tourist restaurants sharing all the same menu.
They may be serving lunch too, I don't know