Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Lovely Lunch

After visiting for a brewery tour, we liked the look of the food so much we made it a destination... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
PumpkinMajor
Newbury, United Kingdom
Delicious food

Regular visitor to buy beer. Thought I'd would treat the better half to a visit. It was a very hot... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
732MichaelW732
Newbury, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews brewery tour washed down the kitchen brewing process sweet potato fries designated driver chicken wings range of beers great tour bar and restaurant enjoyed an excellent taproom shop berea ales
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

went in with my wife for food in the afternoon expecting a good atmosphere as there were lots of people around. However it was very quiet with little atmosphere.
we decided to stay and have a drink and some lite bites - we had tacos - not what I expected - tasty but average - the young man serving us at the bar was pleasant and helpful

Date of experience: September 2019
WBBTaproomandKitchen, Supervisor at West Berkshire Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your valuable feedback, we are extremely saddened to hear about your experience with us at the taproom and kitchen wasn't what you expected, as we pride ourselves in having smiley and helpful staff members that keep a lively and happy atmosphere.

I shall insure that the issue you have raised will us is brought to the attention of our whole team. and hope this experience hasn't put you off visiting the Taproom in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2019 via mobile

This is a great place and worth the journey. The food is tasty, well priced and varied. There are plenty of places that charge a lot more for a lot less in terms of standard. Thoroughly recommend this place. Dishes priced around the £10 mark.

Date of experience: August 2019

Thank you for your valuable feedback! We are so happy you enjoyed your whole visit to us! Hope to see you back in our Taproom again!

Reviewed August 18, 2019

I visited the taproom and kitchen with two of my friends last week. The food was absolutely delicious, especially the beef tacos! One of my friends has a gluten intolerance and they happily accommodated her needs and she enjoyed her GF pizza. The staff behind the bar were very helpful and knowledgable about all the beers they had to offer and were happy to make recommendations. I will definitely be back with my boyfriend very soon!

Date of experience: August 2019

Thank you for your amazing feedback! We are so happy you enjoyed your visit!

Can't wait to have you back with us in the Taproom and Kitchen!

Taproom and Kitchen Team

Reviewed August 18, 2019 via mobile

I visited the West Berkshire Brewery with my wife and daughter. The Taproom (Shop, Bar and Restaurant) building and setting are really great. The food was fantastic and the vegetarian Halloumi Tacos deserve a special mention as they were amazing. The whole experience was let down a little by the staff who were polite but quite unfriendly and stand-offish. I don't think a single one of them smiled the whole time we were there and they were certainly not welcoming which was a shame. Possibly recruited and trained by someone who doesn't value interpersonal skills but I'm sure this could easily be fixed.

2  Thank niknikSwindon

Thank you for your valuable feedback, we are extremely saddened to hear about your experience with us at the taproom and kitchen, as we pride ourselves in having smiley and helpful staff members.

Reviewed August 14, 2019

I was visiting local customers and they suggested lunch in this place a good shout, never been before so always up for trying new places.
We needed a table for 6, walked in and happily plenty of space for us all, lots of seating inside and out except the rain kept us in.
We all ordered a beer from the great selection and then pondered the food, plenty of great choices for all ages and diets, great to see they also catered for dairy and gluten allergies which is not often found in restaurants.
I decided on pizza due to the nature of the restaurant with the wood fired oven and it was fantastic.
This is a place worth a visit and I will look forward to returning very soon.