See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

There are few places I visited that have so many extraordinary things at the same time: the place is unbelievable. In the tip of a mountain with views both north and south that have no villages or houses on view. Only the most wild nature and at the far end, the sea. The house: both outside and inside, built with the best possible taste: from the stylishly cool swimming pool to the table ware, from the meditation room to the sleeping rooms. The food: you choose in advance and the quality you get is optimal. The management: he is a monk, she is an executive in the purchase department of a great dressing chain of shops. We had a great time that I will recommend to all my friends.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2016

A family group of four we stayed three nights at El Puig. Everything was extremely good including a complimentary meditation class. El Puig is tranquil, comfortable and tastefully furnished.
We very much enjoyed our stay until our departure when we were charged for two extra dinners that we certainly never had. We decided this was because of mistaken identities as there were other guests ressembling us on the night in question.
Our stay was excellent but we feel the staff need to be more accurate and note the room numbers of the diners in future.

Room tip: Ground floor rooms my be cooler
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2016

This is a perfect place for a romantic or friends retreat, the masia anyone dreams of. The infinity pool with view over the valley, attentive service, balanced healthy food, homey and elegant interiors, spectacular Vall de Bianya,.........will make your stay unforgettable. The moment you step in, you do not want to leave! Thanks to Joan and Georgina for their personal attention and care, making us feel at home

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 30, 2016

I wrote this review on my last day of a three day stay at Masia El Puig. At El Puig my senses are awake, to the sound of the singing birds and the croaking toad, the fragrant flowers sweetly spray the warm air, the cool water of the horizon pool refreshes my body, after soaking in the heat of the sun. My taste buds are nourished by the earthy, sweet tomatoes, the tortilla made from the eggs supplied by the chickens freely roaming the lush grass. El Puig is a feast for the eyes nestled in the greens of the mountains, my heart soothed and lifted by the vast blue sky.
As a guest I feel welcome and at ease. This is a special place. A place to be now. I came to Masia El Puig tired and worn out. I left revitalised and with a deeper awareness of my body, my mind and my emotions. This is paradise, this is living.

Room tip: Take your time and enjoy
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2016

The windy trip into the mountains begins to diconnect you from the daily grind and Masai el puig finishes the job.
We stayed there for one night and loved the warm stylishly homely feel of the hotel. The bedroom managed to be warm and charming, despite being quite Spartan. The people are wonderful, the laid-back lounge invites you to simply relax and the views are breath-taking. In the morning we took a little stroll in the woods, past the meditation stall. Then lounged by rhe pool. We still regret leaving after only one night as the atmosphere at el puig is the ultimate boutique place to stay - the food is average and there are few trappings (apart from the gorgeous infinity pool) but it feels like a hidden gem and a beautiful, high quality escape.

Date of stay: May 2015