See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 18, 2016

A family group of four we stayed three nights at El Puig. Everything was extremely good including a complimentary meditation class. El Puig is tranquil, comfortable and tastefully furnished.
We very much enjoyed our stay until our departure when we were charged for two extra dinners that we certainly never had. We decided this was because of mistaken identities as there were other guests ressembling us on the night in question.
Our stay was excellent but we feel the staff need to be more accurate and note the room numbers of the diners in future.

Room tip: Ground floor rooms my be cooler
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2016

This is a perfect place for a romantic or friends retreat, the masia anyone dreams of. The infinity pool with view over the valley, attentive service, balanced healthy food, homey and elegant interiors, spectacular Vall de Bianya,.........will make your stay unforgettable. The moment you step in, you do not want to leave! Thanks to Joan and Georgina for their personal attention and care, making us feel at home

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 30, 2016

I wrote this review on my last day of a three day stay at Masia El Puig. At El Puig my senses are awake, to the sound of the singing birds and the croaking toad, the fragrant flowers sweetly spray the warm air, the cool water of the horizon pool refreshes my body, after soaking in the heat of the sun. My taste buds are nourished by the earthy, sweet tomatoes, the tortilla made from the eggs supplied by the chickens freely roaming the lush grass. El Puig is a feast for the eyes nestled in the greens of the mountains, my heart soothed and lifted by the vast blue sky.
As a guest I feel welcome and at ease. This is a special place. A place to be now. I came to Masia El Puig tired and worn out. I left revitalised and with a deeper awareness of my body, my mind and my emotions. This is paradise, this is living.

Room tip: Take your time and enjoy
Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed April 29, 2016

The windy trip into the mountains begins to diconnect you from the daily grind and Masai el puig finishes the job.
We stayed there for one night and loved the warm stylishly homely feel of the hotel. The bedroom managed to be warm and charming, despite being quite Spartan. The people are wonderful, the laid-back lounge invites you to simply relax and the views are breath-taking. In the morning we took a little stroll in the woods, past the meditation stall. Then lounged by rhe pool. We still regret leaving after only one night as the atmosphere at el puig is the ultimate boutique place to stay - the food is average and there are few trappings (apart from the gorgeous infinity pool) but it feels like a hidden gem and a beautiful, high quality escape.

Date of stay: May 2015
Reviewed November 29, 2015

Situated in a forest about 15-20 minute drive from the closest town, this hotel offers absolute serenity in a rustic style venue. The rooms are comfortable and very clean and offer all the amenities you need. The two staff members that took care of us were extremely accommodating, polite and friendly. We did not have time to enjoy the spa and pool, but they do seem lovely. The outdoor pool did not seem functional which is understandable for this time of the year. There is free WiFi throughout the property, but this is one of those places where you might want to go off the grid and put your smartphone aside. Given the distance from town we had dinner and breakfast here. Not fine cuisine, but simple and basic well prepared food. All considered, I think this place may have been a bit of the pricey side.

A VERY important comment: try make the drive to the hotel in day time. Driving up in the dark after a rainfall proved to be a bit of challenge, particularly given that the last mile to the hotel is not paved.

All together a lovely stay in fabulous surroundings.

Date of stay: November 2015