“La Cabana - Macher - Lanzarote”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Cabana

La Cabana
Ranked #1 of 95 Restaurants in Tias
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cork
“La Cabana - Macher - Lanzarote”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to me by my great friend Sean from Passage West in Cork. Just past the filling station in Macher on the road to Playa Blanca, on the outside it looks quite ordinary, and would not catch your eye as a special place to eat, as you drive past on the road. There were three of us last night and we dined early at 7pm. The warm welcome was really nice, and then the menu came and it just got better and better. I had the Foie Gras which was superb. Then the duck breast with cherries, port and star anise. This was awesome, and definitely the best duck I have ever eaten in my years of travelling. Cooked to pink perfection it was tender and sweet. The choc volcano to finish all washed down with a half bottle of Marquis de la Caquiere Rioja red. I would highly recommend this restaurant for service, good value and great food.

2 Thank Shimpoo

London, United Kingdom
“One of the best restaurants on Lanzarote!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Each time we return to La Cabana we are greeted with an even warmer welcome from the owners Darren and Deb. Amazingly, Deb always remembers which wine we had on our last visit while Darren never fails to produce a meal that is cooked to perfection and is as pleasing to the eye as any to be found in a top London restaurant. The restaurant itself is small but cosy and so conversation with diners at other tables often breaks out to add to the ambience of the place.
A restaurant not to miss but remember to leave room for a dessert!

London, United Kingdom
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

There were 17 of us including 6 children. The food was absolutely amazing, cooked to perfection. The scallops and fillet steak were among the best I've ever had and the chocolate fountain was mouth watering. Definately recommend it.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“High quality dining with a couple of minor niggles”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We were holidaying again in Lanzarote again this year so, following our visit to La Cabana last time, a return to the restaurant was a must. Once again we were very impressed by the quality of the food and my partner, who had the scallops, said they were certainly among the best he had ever tasted. Our main courses, the iberico pork and the chicken were both excellent.

My only minor issues are that the restaurant is basically a little lacking in atmosphere. I think this is partly due to it's size, which cannot be helped and the lighting, which is I think a little too bright to create a warm ambience. My other concern is that I felt the toilets, well the gents anyway, felt a little grubby and untidy. Not awful but could have been better.

Overall though, taking into account the food and the friendly and efficient service, still worth a retrurn visit. We would return again as well.

Fife,Scotland
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us for a special occasion but despite their professional website it did not deliver. Yes this is better than the usual holiday restaurants but not as good as a good restaurant in the UK. The lamb was overcooked and the chicken breast was actually a chicken supreme. It's pricey which is fine if it's excellent but it wasn't.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Tessie07
DebsLanz, Owner at La Cabana, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Hi there.
Thank you for your review as we always appreciate feedback.
I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your meal at La Cabana as most of our customers do.
Darren would much rather undercook than overcook meat so I do apologise for your lamb. I would have rectified this if it had been brought to my attention.
I am slightly puzzled about your other comment though as we have never served Chicken Supreme here at La Cabana?
Once again thank you, and I do hope that you will come and see us again next time you are in Lanzarote.
Kind regards