All reviews pool area beautiful hotel medieval village romantic break deluxe room air con unit looked beautiful compared to other hotels haven t staff were welcoming our honeymoon per day roman aqueduct very special place small village pool table year anniversary
Selected filters
Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

Just returned from this hotel with my husband after 4 fantastic nights, i cannot say enough good things about this hotel, from start to finish it was amazing, staff cannot do enough for you, nothing was to much trouble at all, the resturant/ bar staff were so attentive, ive never experienced such good service in any hotel ive ever been, my husband treated me to a 2hr spa..omg! Best 2hrs of my life. If i had to say 1 negative it was we never had clean bedding whilst we were there, i noticed a very small stain on the white sheet, it was there for the duration of my stay, but believe me when i say, it was not enough to complain abour, i would have felt awkward asking after such amazing service, i do have to meantion Manu in the resturant, he was a brilliant host, and lady who did my spa, i think her name was Moria, she spoke little English..i speak little French but that did not stop an AMAZING spa experience, i cannot reccommend this hotel enough, or have enough good things to say about this place, i only wish i was there longer, but rest assured i will be going back to this little piece of French heaven.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
h8collection, Directeur général at Le Vieux Castillon, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind review.

It is a great pleasure to take notice of your satisfaction following your stay in our House. We are glad you enjoyed and appreciated all the services provided by our establishment and our friendly staff.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back soon to renew this pleasant experience.

Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

Having seen this on First Dates I though I would book it as a surprise for my wife. I was hoping it would be as good as it looked on TV......but it wasn’t...it was better. Everything is first class here. The village, the setting the staff the rooms and the food. The little village II sits in is a treat with tobacconist just enough cafes bar and a couple of restaurants. L'AMPHITRYON restaurant a three minute walk is an absolute joy and a must visit. As is a trip to the stunning Roman aqueduct Le Pont du Gard. An absolute must.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank TP47
h8collection, Directeur général at Le Vieux Castillon, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2019

Dear Sir,

What a pleasure to read your opinion about your stay in our establishment.

I am delighted to read your satisfaction about the quality of the services, your experience in our restaurant and the professionalism of my team which made you spend a very pleasant time with your wife.

We look forward to welcoming you during your next stay,

Reviewed November 8, 2018

This is a very unique hotel in a beautiful little town - every street is a photo you could frame. The hotel deftly leverages this, particularly the restaurant and bar/lounge. If you visit, be sure to set aside an afternoon to spend by the pool. The hotel restaurant is definitely worth eating at (luckily its good, being only one of a handful of in the town) however is a little pricey - particularly drinks. Unfortunately the room was a little bit of a let down. We stayed in a deluxe room, which was dark and a little bit too 3 star for the price. The TV was smaller than a laptop screen and only received a few channels. Luckily the hotel's common area (and the region more generally) is so beautiful, you don't spend much time in your room. If in doubt upgrade to the terrace rooms, which looked beautiful. Also of note was that the staff were perhaps the friendliest we encountered in France. Those driving to the hotel can rely on a great concierge service as well. On balance though, I would definitely recommend the hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Drew K
h8collection, Responsable réception at Le Vieux Castillon, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2018

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind review.

Be sure that I take note of all your remarks with constant concern of improvement.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2018

I am still trying but cannot find anything wrong to say about this hotel...
The location is just amazing, 18 medieval buildings (almost) connected together, rooms very comfy and the correct amount of space for a week.
The pool area is just fantastic and the restaurant/bar more than great.
But what is the best is the service : You have a 5 stars hotel service in a hotel "lost in the middle of nowhere" with a young staff addressing all your requests even before you even ask!
I highly recommend this hotel and will for sure go back if I ever come visit this region of France again.

Thank you for those 7 amazing days!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
h8collection, Directeur général at Le Vieux Castillon, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing on TripAdvisor your positive review about Le Vieux Castillon.

We are delighted that your stay with us went well. We are glad you enjoyed and appreciated the quiet village of Castillon du Gard, our friendly staff, the decoration and our restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

On arrival we were a bit put out to be told by a surly security guard we couldn’t reach the hotel ,which was fairly central in a medieval village fairly close to the Pont du Gard, as the roads were closed due to the school home time. So we had to find the car park and call The hotel To be let in to the car park and for the hotel Shuttle car to come and collect us And our luggage. There is a lovely swimming pool and restaurant with good food. Perfect for a special occasion too. We would stay again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
h8collection, Directeur général at Le Vieux Castillon, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Dear Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind review.
We are glad you enjoyed and appreciated theGard region, our restaurant and the swimming pool.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Sincerely, Françoise Mirebeau