“Excellent indeed” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gurkha Oven

Gurkha Oven
Ranked #3 of 117 Restaurants in Spalding
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Nepali
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Gurkha Oven (Finest Indian & Nepalese cuisine)Gurkha oven the first Nepalese & Indian restaurant of its kind in the town of spalding. Bringing you the best Nepalese & Indian cuisine with unmatched ambience & setting that truly mesmersing.
“Excellent indeed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just visited these chaps with my friends . Great care was taken on my birthday. Meal was smashing. And just saw the comment by angel fish that portions were little. But we found ours alright. Anyway keep it up chaps!!

• Polish first
“Outstanding in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have eaten several times at Gurkha Oven since it opened and have had a wonderful time on each occasion. The food is all delicious and fresh, the restaurant itself is always spotlessly clean with crisp linen tablecloths and napkins and the service and attention to detail is outstandingly good. The staff are so friendly and eager to please and can cater to all tastes - including my quite fussy three-year-old son who loves the chicken tikka! The takeaway service is also extremely efficient and the food always arrives hot and on time. I can't fault the place. I find it excellent value for money and a real pleasure to eat at - the sort of place you can take anyone to and be confident you are going to be really well looked after and have a great time.

4 Thank pandarouge
Sleaford, United Kingdom
“Not good!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I can not believe that this Indian is ranked number 1 in Spalding. Unless they have upped their game since we went.
The food was tasty, but the portions were so small, when we left we were still very hungry, and it wasnt cheap either.
We had popadoms , the chutneys were bought out in tiny little dishes, which was not adequate for the four popadoms that we had.
I would be grateful if someone could let me know if the portions have got bigger?

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gurkha_Oven, Owner at Gurkha Oven, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your constructive feedback, Glad to hear that you had tasty food and no problem with service level on your last visit.
We are sorry to hear that our food portions were so small and chutney bowls (complimentary pickle/
papadoms) were small too!
We aim to provide high standard quality food, enough portions and good service.sometimes we do not achieved our goal and we only can apologies.

Myself as Manager/Owner working on the floor every day since we have opened the restaurant and myself or member of staffs always ask all our guest how’s everything, any problem with food or service or any improvement we can make etc.etc. It would be good to hear that if you could point your fingers there and then so that I can resolve any issues and provide better quality.
Also it would be easier for me to improve if you could let me know when you have visited us and which food you found so small portions vie email or call.
However we hope that in the near future you return back to us and we will provide you high standard food and service.
Once again thanks very much for your feedback.

Kind regards
Ram K. Bashyal
Gurkha oven
Spalding, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

A fabulous place to eat. We booked into here last night with a large group of 18. I appreciate that it is sometimes a little difficult when you do go into a restaurant with a large group so to help we spoke with manager prior to arrival and pre-ordered. We did not have wait, the food came through very quickly and was hot. The flavours of the food were exceptional. We all like a curry's but some of the recipes from Nepal were splendid. Everyone really enjoyed the food and the service was very professional. The setting was also great, very clean and accommodating. Great value. Enjoy!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jem H
SpaldingLincs
“Great Value for Money, Superb Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We visited this restaurant for my husband's birthday 10th April. The service was friendly without being too intrusive. We had the 3 course set meal and it was kindly pointed out to us that any prawn or duck meal may incur a small extra cost.

The plates were warm, all the food served was piping hot, just as we'd ordered. I asked for butter chicken with extra chilli and that was exactly what I got. With each course we were asked if everything was ok and at the end of our meal were again asked for our opininion on the food served.

The drinks were not expensive at all, we had a lovely table overlooking the Sheepmarket.

Looking forward to returning soon!

1 Thank Jackiebroderick