“A lovely friendly place”
Review of Ilona's Baltic Restaurant - CLOSED

Ilona's Baltic Restaurant
Cuisines: Eastern European
London, United Kingdom
“A lovely friendly place”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

It was purely by chance that I found this wonderful place. I was in Spalding for the day in October and at first I read the sign as 'Balti'when in fact it read Baltic. I was immediately curious. After all I adore travelling so I decided to pay a visit. It was only supposed to be a quick visit but in actual fact I enjoyed myself so much that I nearly missed my train home.
What an enjoyable experience. Ilona is a very friendly person and a perfect host. And she has turned a perfectly ordinary place into a wonderful welcoming eaterie in which to chat, eat and drink. Everyone in there was also very friendly and welcoming too. There was a group of four or five gentlemen drinking in there and they asked me to join them. What a great afternoon. What an enjoyable time I had, on a day which is normally anything but enjoyable. I did not have enough time to eat there unfortunately but the smell of the cooking was gorgeous and I hope to try the food when I am in Spalding again. I thought I had tried just about every beer on the planet but on this visit I tried for the first time ...ah..and my memory fails me...it was either Latvian or Lithuanian lager, and it was very enjoyable. And the gentlemen I was sitting with also very kindly offered me a drink too. It was very kind of them and everyone there made this out of towner feel very much at home.
The other thing worth a mention is that the toilets were in excellent condition, super super clean, and even smelled wonderful, an experience i only usually get in nice hotels abroard.
Was I impressed? Most definately! Will I return? Most definately! I loved the entire experience and I will certainly visit again next time I am in this part of the UK. Well Done !!!!

• Visited October 2012