“absolutely great”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Post code is PE12 6EU - It is a new restaurant
Reviewed June 10, 2013

If you are staying at the travelodge next door to this restaurant or visiting the outlet mall you must go and eat here. We ate here 3 nights on the run, it was brilliant, try the bread starter, and the beef stew amongst other things. Fantastic service, the staff were lovely and very helpful, will visit them again when we are in the area next year.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was our first visit since this restaurant was known as the Gardeners Arms and is now under new ownership.
We were welcomed on entering and immediately shown to a table and given menus and asked if we required a drink. The menu is quite varied and is a cross between pub grub and a restaurant. We were told that two of the main courses were not available,which is a shame as they were both my preferred choices. My smoked mackeral pate was tasty,but insufficient toast was provided for the amount of pate.My quickly chosen second choice main course was home made fish cakes(2) and chips and peas,quite a small plateful. The fish cakes appeared to be made of the same mackeral pate that I had previously eaten , they had a very strong taste and I found them hard to eat. My partner had the Rarebit starter which she said was ok,but the cheese topping had not been melted. She then had the roast chicken breast which was very small. Al Dente vegetables are ok,but these were undercooked and there was some doubt as to whether the roast potatoes and yorkshire were home made as is claimed.
All in all,the experience was somewhat disappointing as far as the food quality is concerned,but the staff were very friendly and efficient.

1  Thank davdor
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Not impressed at all with The Kitchen. Menu reads "Beef stew with horseradish (or plain) mash
(g) £8.95 Our head chef’s own recipe, tastes wonderful with his horseradish mash but if you would prefer plain buttered mash just tell your server". With this description, you wouldn't expect the mash to actually be "Smash" - not even real potatoes. Added butter and horseradish to try and disguise the fact it's not real potato. Disgusting when you are paying £8.95 for a main. Also, the roast chicken (supposedly lemon chicken) very bland indeed. Frozen roast potatoes, frozen stuffing ball and frozen Yorkshire pudding. Rather mixed reviews on this website. Unbelievable the amount of people that walked up to the menu outside, read it, obviously discussed how expensive it was and then just walked off. But to be fair, we have done that in the past, but thought today we would give it a go. First and last time.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

During our shopping trip we thought we would try The Kitchen for lunch. We were seated straight away and told our waiter would be with us shortly. The surroundings are very nice, the tables not to packed in, just the right amount of space. The food came quickly, and we were not disappointed!!! All of our meals were fantastic, nice size portions. They even managed to fill my Son up!! The prices are very good value for money. I would defiantly recommend here if at Springfields.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Good food which was well presented at good prices. I spent less than £20, had a starter, main, pud and a couple of pints. Friendly staff which is always a bonus, relaxed decor. I was staying in the Travelodge next door. Would have been nice if it opened earlier than 9am so I could have gone back for Breakfast - Breakfast service starts at 9am, which was far too late for me!