“Good cakes”

Description: Postcode: PE11 1AF Phone: 01775 769 231
York, United Kingdom
“Good cakes”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is a pleasant cafe at the back of a book- and gift-shop. The staff are efficient and friendly. I had butternut squash soup and French bread, followed by carrot and orange cake. These were very good. I had cappuccino; it was OK but not very strong. They have semi-skiimmed milk, which is good, but I'd prefer fully skimmed. On a separate occasion I had a cherry scone - good. Prices are reasonable. It gets very crowded on a Saturday morning - best to get there early.

• Visited May 2013

Lincoln
“Lovely cakes but......”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had quiche with salad and baked potato which cost about £8 or £9, as I remember. The quiche was lovely, with beautifully short pastry but the baked potato was the size of a duck egg! I thought it was a very strange way to cut costs, it's so very obvious and, from the customer's point of view the absolute opposite of value added.

Of course I'll go again - I love the quiche and cakes.

Lincolnshire
“Consistently good”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We go there mostly on Saturdays for a coffee and sandwich or snack.Service is always friendly, attentive and usually very prompt. No disapproving looks if we share a sandwich between us. Best place in the centre of town for tasty food in comfortable surroundings. Wil continue to visit when in town.

Spalding, United Kingdom
“There are better”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have used this location a number of times and since the new windows were put in it is a lot lighter. The pastries etc are very good. But the service is slow. The other day I ordered Coffee and toast, I had almost finished my coffee before the toast had arrived and there only three other tables occupied. Handy for a coffee and snack but there are better places in the town

Spalding, United Kingdom
“Was ok, but will not rush back again”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The place is good if you want something light to eat, but don't expect is quickly..service was slow and the restaruant was not that busy.

I am not sure what the restaurant really wanted to be, it did not feel right eating there and to be honest was glad to leave.

• Visited October 2012