“The best B&B I have stayed in.”
Review of Garnsgate Hall

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spalding
Garnsgate Hall
Ranked #11 of 15 Spalding B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 8, 2013

A very warm welcome to a superb house. The owners were very accommodating to allow us to check in early to change prior to going to a wedding locally. After a good night's sleep in a four-poster bed, the breakfast was packed with locally sourced produce. All in all a great experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank peterjg63
Caz2000, Owner at Garnsgate Hall, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you very much for your review, we were pleased we could accommodate your request for an early check in on that day as it is not always possible, depending on other bookings.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have never been to a bed and breakfast before always preferring to stay in five star hotels. Had a family party to go to and no hotels in the area that would suit. The establishment is second to none and we will definitely be going back. Friendly warm service, very clean and breakfast was superb. Really nice to be given tea and home made biscuits when we arrived. We would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to family and friends.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you very much for your lovely review.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We live only a ten minute drive from Garnsgate Hall. Now my children are older teenagers, we can leave them at home to take care of the pets and we take advantage of this and book ourselves into hotels for the occasional night just to get away from it all.

My husband had spotted Garnsgate Hall on google maps and when I suggested a night away, he suggested trying it, as it was so close to home, if it was horrible, we could easily leave and be home in a matter of minutes!

What a lovely place! We were greeted by a very welcoming warm young woman and her very endearing young sons, she made us coffee while we filled in the paper work in the cosy guest lounge, and then showed us to our gorgeous room. The room was large, spotlessly clean, in keeping with the age of the house and just lovely. Attention to detail was superb, down to a tiny vanity set in the bathroom which included an emery board which I desperately needed and hadn't remembered to bring with me. The coffee facilities were hidden neatly away behind a door so you could pretend you were just in a luxury bedroom at home.

I was asleep very early, the room was warm, and the bed was incredibly comfortable. We also had access to a really good wifi signal which was good for a couple of nerds like us.

Breakfast was superb. Cooked to order using their own eggs and pork products, they even had home made jam and marmalade on offer. Sadly I was too stuffed with the full English to try the preserves but I'm sure they were as good as the breakfast on offer. They really had thought of everything. There were only two of us there at the time but we were given a full selection of cereal, fruit, yogurt and fruit juice (excellent for me as I am a juice monster when I'm away) and there was plenty of good coffee too.

I would stay again. I actually said I wanted to move in. They looked a bit scared, so I will have to resort to booking a room again one day!

Room Tip: There are three rooms, we had the Delamore which had no shared facilities which suited our needs, bu...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MtrsPacino

Thank you very much for your review, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

One night work stay, lovely place really welcoming, clean as a whistle, four poster was a bit of a waste as it was just me, but would gladly come back with wife if ever in area again. Good food and really quiet had a fab nights sleep. Beautifully furnished and the cookies weren't bad either!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kersley F

Thank you very much for your kind review.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

From start to finish our stay was perfect in every way. On arrival we received an extremely warm welcome with tea and homemade cookies. The bedroom was excellently decorated and spotlessly clean. The en-suite shower was divine and the full bathroom across the hall was also excellent, possibly the only regret of the trip was not using the huge bathtub! Breakfast was delicious and was delivered quickly and well presented. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ajshep1984

We are glad you enjoyed your stay, but sadly the bath is for use by Redmore Room guests only as the Allenby room has its own ensuite shower.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I booked Garnsgate Hall last minute as I had to stay locally over night for business and I will most certainly be returning. I received a warm welcome into the stunning home of Caroline and Brendan and was kindly shown to the impressive Delamore Room. I had the most wounderful nights sleep in the four poster king sized bed. I had booked a smaller room however, Caroline kindly upgraded me (free of charge!) to the larger room so that I didnt have to share the washing area with a male. Thank you! this was very thoughtful. The room was spotless, clean bath robes and towels and tea/coffee facilities were provided - and the homemade cookies were to die for! The breakfast was on of the best full Englishs I have tasted and all made from from the familys own farm produce. I would highly recommend Garnsgate Hall for any occanion! I will most definetly be returning soon. Check it out for yourselfs, Many Thanks!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Claire C

Thank you for your review, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Thanks so much to Caroline and Brendan for sharing their wonderful home. We enjoyed our brief stay immensely. We received a warm welcome and were made to feel at home from the moment we arrived. The Delamore with it's king-size four poster bed is absolutely stunning. Loved the home-cooked breakfast made with the family's own farm produce and local honey. We would highly recommend Garnsgate Hall.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Joanne T

Thank you very much for your kind review.