“LUNCH” 1 of 5 bubbles

Birds
Ranked #91 of 117 Restaurants in Spalding
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“LUNCH”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I visited the Birds with my partner and two grandchildren. I waited at least 10 minutes at the bar, while one girl was serving drinks and taking food orders. It was very short staffed. Once I placed the order, waited ages again, and when the meal was served it was a disgrace. I ordered Steak and Ale Pie, the pie had obviously been sitting around, the pastry was dried out, the crusts were unedible and the mash was hard on top where it had been sitting under a hot light. The children had their food served in a plastic basket with a greaseproof piece of paper on it. When my grandchildren tried to cut the chilcken the paper fell apart. I did speak to one of the waitresses and informed her the meal was not good, her only answer was she would tell the chef. I would certainly not recommend the Birds, as even the Manager could not be bothered to come and see me.

• Visited July 2013

Spalding, United Kingdom
“Good place depending of your expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Today me and my husband decided to try the breakfast using a voucher 2 for 1.
The atmosphere is good, probably more quiet during the morning, food is not nothing of extraordinary with friendly staff but, we need to remember that this business is more directed for the drinks, the food is an extra.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“what a let down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went for birthday meal with sister and what a let down. We both ordered meals at the same time and told them the same table number but two meals came out and we waited another ten min for the other two, in which time my sister and her husband had nearly finished there's before we started ours. Not what you want when you go as a four some. When it came out it was warm and not hot as if it had been standing under a heat lamp for that ten min. New menu is not as good as the old with more and more chicken, not worth the money! Will think twice before going again. Manager needs a wake up call.

• Visited June 2013
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Ordinary”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Freindly staff, average food, drab dull decor. The most exciting thing was looking at the photos of the pub in its heyday in the 1970's It was OK but we wouldn't go again.

Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not in Hitchcock's league”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

The best thing about the food in this place is that I had low expectations...therefore when it turned up, was hot, edible and reasonably priced, I was perfectly satisfied. It does what it sets out to do, it offers pub grub at pub grub prices. You can't really expect more from an estate pub. However I was quite disappointed in the atmosphere. The place is called The Birds, yet I didn't see a single bird. Next time I'm going Hooters!

• Visited April 2013