“Afternoon tea”
Review of Wynyard Hall

Wynyard Hall
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Billingham
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We visited Wynyard hall for Afternoon tea. Service was fine, the selection of sandwiches was poor and cakes were OK nothing special, the scones were not very nice. Having had Afternoon Tea at various other Halls and Houses this was poorest we have had, not worth the £75.80 for 4 people.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Upandatthem

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I recently attended a wedding at this fantastic hall and unfortunately could not get a room so had to stay elsewhere, so this review is really based on the common areas. The building and the setting is quite simply stunning. If you have any interest in Victorian decoration then you will be amazed with Wynyard Hall. The restoration has been so thorough and so lavish it takes you back to another era altogether. The ceilings and the chandeliers are breathtaking, as are the wallpapers and the statues. The Terrace area is beautiful and peaceful. I will go back and stay the night here one day...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony P
Reviewed June 10, 2013

A group of us went here for afternoon tea to celebrate my sister's birthday. The setting is superb and the hall itself is breathtakingly beautiful. We were fortunate enough to have glorious weather and were able to have tea on the terrace. The staff are excellent, very friendly and efficient. And the tea itself, well, what can I say. It was delicious and lots of it. What we couldn't eat was boxed up for us to take home. All in all, a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Visited the hotel last weekend and had the best time! Every member of staff was polite, attentive and could not have made my friend and I feel more relaxed. The spa was beautiful and full of different facilities to suit every need - particularly recommend the outdoor vitality spa and spa tea!! Would highly recommend Wynyard Hall Hotel for a relaxing getaway!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rachel K
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Me and my fiancée recently stayed in the Charles Stewart Suite over looking the lake at Wynyard Hall as I was best man for my friends wedding. Before I start I must say the grounds surrounding Wynyard are unbelievable !!! When we were given the keys to the room after the ceremony me and my fiancée went up to the room to see why we had paid £180.00 for one night. And I must say it was well worth the wait and well worth the money. The interior is not modern to what we are normally used to when stopping in hotels but the room was fantastic. It even had an iPod docking station so me and my fiancée could relax and listen to some music during the day finishing and the night time guests arriving. The bathroom was everything I expected as well for a high standard hotel such as Wynyard. The shower was very powerful and everything was cleaned fully not an ounce of dirt or grime. The bed was really really comfortable which is just what you want when you have been up all night the night before practising your best man speech : ) In the morning we went for breakfast which was also really nice but would have expected a few Heinz beans on my plate : ) All in all 10 out of 10 and would definitely stay again if I was attending another wedding here.

Room Tip: Go for the Charles Stewart Suite.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Davie2013
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel certainly was a fabulous location with a golf course and beautiful river views. The food was excellent. We did find it a little hard to find. The signposting is not brilliant. But once there it is very tranquil. The old house is beautiful inside with excellent decor and comfortable furniture. Outside there is a dining area with magnificent views and walks along the riverside. The food is delicious but fairy pricey. Well worth it. We were there for a wedding and it couldn't be faulted as a truly wonderful venue for an occasion like this.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pencepunce
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have just returned from a short stay (2 nights) at the beautiful Wynyard Hall in Billingham. We were attending a family wedding and decided to turn our stay into a mini break on a bed breakfast and evening meal basis.
Where to start? The arrival to this most beautiful location is something special as you drive through the gates. You are greeted with beautifully panoramic lawns before you eventually arrive at the 6 column corinthian portico. If you are not already breathless by the magnificance of the hall, when you enter you will be stunned by its beauty. The large reception opens to reveal what I can only describe as a hypnotic glass domed ceiling surrounded by pillars of sculptured greek statues. As you continue your exploration of the hall it offers luxury in all areas with all rooms giving the occupants that, lets just sit for a while feeling. We made our way to the room known as the Frances Anne suite and again were excited by the large interior (It had a tree in the bathroom). It was furnished in a mixture of old and new and had a beautiful view as far as the eye could see of the many areas of parkland and river. After relaxing from our long journey for a few hours we continued our Wynyard experience with a visit to the restaurant. We entered in amazement as the restaurant room caused us to stop and stare at its grand interior. It was called the Wellington restaurant and was the place where fine dining was to be encountered. The dining experience was mouth watering and delivered by a group of professional and polite staff. The service was of a high standard and nothing was too much trouble, well done to them. If you are a "Foodie" this is an experience not to be missed.
We continued our experience of Wynyard onto the wedding and cannot offer anything but praise for the staff who again delivered the perfect day to the bride and groom. I was also aware of the beautiful Spa facilities the hall offers but will leave that area for others to review. ( too busy relaxing in the Hall to go). I could continue to heap praise on this most beautiful Hall in all areas but wish to conclude by saying it offers, luxury, style and memories of a beautiful piece of History.

Room Tip: Frances Anne suite large beautiful views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Billingham
Seaham Hall
#1 of 1 in Redworth
Hardwick Hall Hotel
Hardwick Hall Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sedgefield

Been to Wynyard Hall? Share your experiences!