My wife had stayed here for a relative`s wedding a few years earlier, but in the winter time. We arrived a little earlier than anticipated and had to wait for an eternity in the reception whilst the receptionist chatted in French to three elderly ladies who seemed to be asking questions on just about everything to do with the centre and the surrounding area, only to be told that our room would not be ready until sometime between 2-3pm. We went for a walk around and whilst some of the tracks were passable others were just mud tracks. Some of the walks were on wooden decking and several hand rails and parts of the decking were rotten and needing replacement. We then returned to the Eco Cafe and spent an hour or so drinking the local beers and relaxing. The Eco cafe is a very relaxing place with a nice wood burner in the centre of the room. Unfortunately the staff seemed very relaxed as well and we had to keep waiting 15 - 20 minutes each time to get served.
When we were finally allowed to access our room (in the Damphouse) we were impressed by the size and cleanliness of the room. The jacuzzipool & sauna in The Damphouse were spotless and a nice touch. We ate in the petite dejeurner on the first night and although fairly expensive the food was excellent.
The following day we borrowed a couple of the courtesy bicycles and cycled up to and along the main road for a few miles. The sun was shining and as it was The Fall all the trees were changing colour.and it made our stay worthwhile.
To sum up, Auberge Le Baluchon has the potential to be a fantastic centre for walkers, cyclists, skiers and also people who require a relaxing break but it just needs tidying up and the staff need to be more attentive and switched on. I am not sure what the staff were doing when they were not about as there were not that many guests staying there at that time? What should have been a relaxing time left me wound up about so many things. It is not a cheap place to stay, eat or drink and for the money there are a lot of better places about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Baluchon is a unique hotel establishment that offers an experience like no other: the eco-resort. Le Baluchon wants to give you the opportunity to discover and experience unprecedented pleasures, in a way that is respectful of the environment and land, heritage and history. You will experience the sense of freedom arising from the indescribable feeling that this is time to call your own. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Le baluchon Eco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Le Baluchon Hotel St-Paulin
- Country Inn Quebec
- Le Baluchon Country Hotel
- Quebec Country Inn
- Le Baluchon Eco Resort St-Paulin, Quebec